Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

werewolves

3 posters

Go down

werewolves Empty werewolves

Post  LadyAloura Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 pm

i think it would be neat that a werewolf could change into other canine forms then just a singe wolf.

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2014-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Mialee
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

werewolves Empty Re: werewolves

Post  Elgate Sun May 17, 2015 5:04 am

Not sure if that would make sense rp wise. Lycanthropy infects you with a 'archetypal' wolf spirit (Not a real wolf spirit, that acts as a natural wolf, but rather with some form of magical impulsion/'spirit' that makes you turn into and act what a wolf represents). This has been turned down in arg-reg (For instance werewolves are automatically chaotic-evil and werebears chaotic-good).

But essentially, The curse goes Humanoid->hybrid->Animal form. While in DnD a character could use this transmutation to teach themselves how to become a shapeshifter, that hasn't been agreed in arg-reg. The curse itself doesn't give you transmutation skills, it gives you a single alternative form and a 'hybrid' form of in between. The curse doesn't give you other shapes, because it doesn't give you other 'spirits'.

But if a werewolf gets more canine forms, (I'm guessing you mean like dogs or dire forms?), then what would werecats and werebears (and others) get as extra shapes?

If you mean like 'Why do werewolves only get 'x' type and are stuck as that?' (Eg, white wolf), then that's not entirely true either. As lycon levels develop you might change into a dire wolf instead of a regular grey wolf. (or a worg, maybe).  I'm not sure if a white wolf gets an upgrade, because white wolves are pretty impressive to begin with (although they're meant to be bigger than worgs).
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sun May 17, 2015 7:36 am

Friends,
Some weres, the cats IIRC have a tiny form that is more like a domestic cat in size (arguably it could be of a wild or domestic variety, but) ... for the more advanced weres, having a small form seems useful. Staying with the 'wild' sorts only is a good notion and totally in keeping with the notion of lycanthropy in Dohral - for cats there are MANY lesser cats around the world which are about housecat size or only a little larger and thus could be mistaken for a housecat. I wonder if the canine lycanthropes might be similarly enhanced with a lesser form like perhaps a fox?

If we go this direction, what of the ursines? others?

Feedback? Does having the extra (small) form enhance the Lycanthropes?

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Sun May 17, 2015 8:15 am

with mialee being a guard it would be something she would hope to learn or maybe find a way to create an item that would allow to take a smaller canine form around the city but i do see the points of it not something that would be a normal

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2014-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Mialee
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content