Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map Log Book and Mini-Maps

Go down

Map Log Book and Mini-Maps Empty Map Log Book and Mini-Maps

Post  Roger_Dodger Sun May 24, 2015 1:45 pm

I've been exploring the 'Rural Areas' around Dohral for the last several sessions - sometimes with a Bard Henchman, sometimes without. I try to fully explore one area before moving on to the next (fill in the Mini-Map completely). When moving into a new area, I consult the Map Log Book. It normally says: "You are ignorant of this area. There is a complete map of this area in your Map Log Book." There is? Where is it? I still have to fully explore the area to get the 'complete' Mini-Map. That is not of particular concern to me, and I don't mind having to physically explore an area to get the map. I even leave 'pins' on the interesting things that don't show on the explored Mini-Map (like the handy Campground near the North Chondra area - Free Wood and Tents). I also notice that when the server saves my character, it might say something like: "Character Saved. 19 Map Pins Noted". I'm assuming here that my maps are being stored into the Map Log Book, along with their pins.

Now, when I re-enter the very same area on my next session, I can only see the immediate area around me on the Mini-Map. Consult the Map Log Book, and it says: "You are ignorant of this area. There is a complete map of this area in your Map Log Book." There is? Where is it?

I'm assuming that the Map Log Book is supposed to keep a Permanent Record of Areas explored, rather than keeping the record on the Character's 'Skin' as in the OC (again, assuming that is where the record is being kept). If my assumption about the Map Log Book is right, then the system isn't working. If my assumption is wrong, then of what use is the Map Log Book, what is it supposed to do?

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

Roger Dodger
Roger_Dodger
Roger_Dodger
Forum Knight

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2015-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Grogan Klepsis
Race: Human
Overall Level: 11

Back to top Go down