Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requests for features in FLYING PHASE TWO

4 posters

Go down

Requests for features in FLYING PHASE TWO Empty Requests for features in FLYING PHASE TWO

Post  BobbyBrown15 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 am

This was suggested to me by another player, i told them to suggest it on the forum, but since i have not seen it posted, i decided to add it myself.

It would be neat that is characters with usable wings could actually hover, you know, like the swim on land or the low gravity wild magic effect. This would give better applications for winged chars, as it would give emphasis on them actually having wings, give them the ability to fly over traps and such, though of course it would be more exhausting to fly constantly that walk.

Last edited by GM_ODA on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title change to open it for more broad input)
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Race: Human
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Requests for features in FLYING PHASE TWO Empty Re: Requests for features in FLYING PHASE TWO

Post  GM_ODA Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:58 am

Erin and I have been discussing a 'phase two' for flying features. Lets use this thread as the place you can ALL post your ideas on how to enhance flying in phase two. Keep the good ideas flowing people and THANK YOU as always.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Requests for features in FLYING PHASE TWO Empty Re: Requests for features in FLYING PHASE TWO

Post  DM Drachen Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:05 pm

I really like the idea. I also agree with it being more tiresome than walking too, that's a good one. So maybe have their exhaustion go down 20% or more quicker? I also like the idea of being able to fly over traps. Perhaps when they activate this flying mode they can get a variable set on them, and when they go through traps the scripts check for this variable. There is always the ability to give saving throw vs. traps, but I don't really like that much. Considering they would be flying over the traps. Though, you do have to keep in mind that some of the traps aren't ground traps. Such as arrows, darts, spell traps, etcetera.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  autokilla Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:08 pm

even if it wasnt a ground trap like arrows you'd have to trigger it on the ground like if your in a cavern and you step on the loose stone triggering the trap.

autokilla
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Uglack
Race:
Overall Level: 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down