Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Bug Report

2 posters

Go down

General Bug Report Empty General Bug Report

Post  Elgate Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Sorry, nothing specific, just what I've encountered so far.

Monster XP:
I bumped into some Assassin vines (Along the woodland path near Esrogoth, I think) and was getting 431 xp at level 8. It's not a lot, but I noticed that a lot of monsters that can be defeated by that level get a lot less (Although it was a close thing for Grace).

Food:
I Have some nuts in my inventory that never run out. I can just keep eating them. Useful for me, but not really realistic XD.

Money system:
I know this is a pretty complex script with the kinks still being worked out, so don't take this as nagging.
I noticed that if I had all my MU in my coin pouch, then the flying carpets wouldn't touch it, compared to if I had solid coin in my inventory.
I still some times get over charged for things: Eg, in the Last Rest Inn outside Esrogoth, I rented a room for '3 coppers' and lost 2 platinum, and a couple of all the other coins too (And didn't get any change, if that makes a difference) At the time I had my MU in my coin pouch, not solid in my inventory.

Inns:
On that note, I also still have the room key- not sure what to do with it. I terminated the room once I used it, so hopefully the situation where all the rooms get permanently booked doesn't happen, but I haven't checked to see if I can use the key to get back in, or if someone else can book that room now.

Last edited by Elgate on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

General Bug Report Empty Re: General Bug Report

Post  GM_ODA Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Friend Elgate,
Many thanks for that friend!
Bug reports are good things, we much appreciate it. I'll review the code and see what can be adjusted (some of that does sound like a script out of wonk).

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Broken Transition: at Eastern Citadel- South Face. I can't seem to get back into the city. (edit: or use the transition to the west)

(Also, on an update to the Inn room- I tried the door again, it worked and I lost the key, so when it shut I couldn't open again ((I wisely didn't shut the door from the inside)) so the room has sorted itself out I think. Was this intentional, so that people could clear out their room after terminating it?)
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Friend Elgate,
Just a FYI, there is a tool in the 'Test Tools Chest' in the DMFI Start area... inside you find the Bug Report Tools that let you make bug reports that include location data, recorded into our log files. It tends to make the task a little easier. THANK YOU for the bug reports, both forum and otherwise, it is MUCH appreciated.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/