Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tips about drow words for use in game

4 posters

Go down

tips about drow words for use in game Empty tips about drow words for use in game

Post  Ulrek Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm

3 main words to know for a drow player... Xas\Yes Nau or Naut\no or not Dos\you :note: "dos" is used in the language sometimes as "dos is a fool for disrespecting the Ilharess!"

also words such as... "Jabbress" used to call a noble female or female which has some standing or what a male would call his mistress
"Jaluk" a word for male drow that most females call their males by rather than by name
"Ilharess" a drow matron of a house
"Yathrin or Yath for short" is the drow name for their spider priestesses
all these words could be used to "spice" up drow RP but only "dos" "Xas" and "Nau" are really needed but "Jabbress" "Jaluk" and "Yathrin" are the main words you'd need for calling some one by rank more or less or one not using a name

:note: i am no expert but this is helpful i find for adding flavor to drow RP enjoy and i hope it all is useful
Ulrek
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Cord Vinsack
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

tips about drow words for use in game Empty Re: tips about drow words for use in game

Post  Ramen Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Vendui - hello
Aluve'- good bye
Xas- yes
Nau- no
Del'heen - of course
Bel'la dos -thank you
A'Dos quarth - as you command
Bwael -good
Malla -honoured
Lolth kyorl dos- Lolth guard you

Now, I could continue to to copy/paste the rest of the page, or just the link. (EDIT: I can't post external links for seven days.) Hm, if you really want, go to Arelith's (Another NWN PW) forums and search "Drow words" and it should be the fourth one down.

There, more Drow than you can shake a spider at. (EDIT: Disregard that)
Ramen
Ramen

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Tillmand Hillock
Race: Halfling
Overall Level: 5

Back to top Go down

tips about drow words for use in game Empty Re: tips about drow words for use in game

Post  Pyro Fang Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pyro Fang
Pyro Fang
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Nailo
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 27

Back to top Go down

Post  spiriteternal Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 pm

If you really want to get into the drow language ODA has asked that I post this site. I warn you though it teaches not just a few words but how the language flows and is built like normal languages are. It teaches parts of speech and masculine, feminine. Before the widgets this was the only drow language there was so if you wanted to be fluent you needed to know how things were said and not just what. So here it is then.

SpiritEternal

spiriteternal
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  spiriteternal Wed May 29, 2013 9:48 pm

And this is the most complete dictionary I have ever run across so here is this too.

SpiritEternal

spiriteternal
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down