Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite

+3
cjc180
Absol 13
Animayhem
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite Empty TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite

Post  Animayhem Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Much has been going on in A’rys life as of late.  

Getting the final plans approved so the Guild House can be occupied.  The public offices are almost approved.  Once these are done then she can work on some of the minor things needed for the guild. She has been spending time with the magus Enflavious trying to keep the Knower from becoming unstable... After her second attempt she finally got the crystal from Aria and gave it to the mage. Hopefully the crystal is of good quality and the magus can get the Knower functional again as its knowledge will be quite useful.  

Haven realizing that he was not actually marked by a demon went on some well-earned time off to spend with Grace. However his peaceful interlude was interrupted by Valerion who was chasing and badgering them for reasons of his own. A’rys was called to intervene.   Valerion did not deny it but apparently was bored with the whole thing and left them and A’rys alone.  Valerion could have a temper tantrum and be spiteful but keeps in control, Tony on the other hand....

A’rys had met Tony shortly after her arrival at Dohral.  He allowed her to join his guild the Arcane Masters.  He was quite off and secretive then but more in control, maybe because Melinda was his lover.   However about 2 years or so after A’rys had joined, Tony’s behavior had become more erratic. The last time she had seen him he seemed like a wild animal and vanished in a portal spell.  For the longest time it was presumed he was dead.   The guild was in shambles and A’rys had almost given up when some new and former members had returned. They were interested in having it established again but did not wish the burden of leadership.   A’rys agreed to resume control and the others supported her.

About six months ago, Tony suddenly appeared and started to cause tension again. The incidents were minor and about as annoying as a mosquito bite but then things escalated with more report s of violent actions by Tony. The most recent one A’rys had learned about while visiting the Tivook Inn.  Apparently the actions of a man named Saber bothered Tony enough that Tony responded violently.
A’rys has spent too much time restoring the guild’s reputation for Tony to try and destroy it.  Also he needed to be reined in before his destructive tendencies extend further.  

Rather than using the messenger spell, A’rys had letters personally delivered to those she thought may be of help, Haven, Zeff and Aria. Though Zeff was not of the guild, he knew Tony before A’rys did. The letters would all read thus:

“ I have heard various reports of Tony acting irrationally and in threatening ways. I am requesting all who receive this letter to come to my office  two days from date of this letter.  He cannot be allowed to go on.”

A’rys

Last edited by Animayhem on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite Empty Re: TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite

Post  Absol 13 Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Aria spots the letter and grumbles, she may be the guild leader but right now, she could go die. She was NOT greedy,easily temped maybe but not greedy, damn her- not now, not today
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite Empty Re: TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite

Post  Absol 13 Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 am

Finally aria sighs and caves in, right professional, a'rys and I can discuss this later...
she sends a message via the messengers to her, "on my way, be there in three days"
Yes she was lying, but she needed time to think this through...
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:58 am

A'rys was not surprised at recieving Aria's letter. Granted the matter was not so urgent still... The fact she had not heard from Haven concerned her. Mayhap he was too busy dealing with the other arcane pain Valerion.
Within a month or two the guild will be habitable. The public offices sooner than the private.  Having a madman as part of a guild would not be good for business. She really needed Haven. Zeff as well though Zeff not being an actual member....
She let out a sigh and continued organizing the books for the guild library.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Aria knocks on A'rys's door and mumbles something to her self before announcing:
"You free to talk over the letters now?"
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:19 am

*Haven finally teleports next to A'rys, he yawns tiredly and finds the nearest chair to sit down on*
Tony is Tony. He's... *He thinks for a moment* Been up and down before the temporal what-not.
I'm sure you all know by now, Tony has Lycanthropy. This alone can affect a mind to do as you would describe, 'erratic' things.

He's also, Lycanthropy aside, a man with a very strong opinion of things. You cannot sway his thought of others easily. For instance, his idea of the Shadow-dragonkin 'Ne', I would warn you all, he is very cautious when around that creature. And I must say, I can understand his concern.

*He pauses for a moment, yawning*

You see, the man has grown over-protective of many things due to events in the past. This, I could -assume- has sprouted a kind of paranoia. This doesn't mean he's unreasonable however, it simply means you would have to form boundaries with him. Preferably ones -others- must abide to, since I doubt he'd want to be restricted.

Now, as for him making the guild look bad, I would have thought he is deemed 'retired' due to him being missing for a long set of years, is it, and he accepts this, not 'his' guild anymore, so to speak.
Yes, he founded it, but you're the head now. He wasn't there for the guild for a long time, and so he must be deemed retired, since for those years he was thought of as deceased anyway...

You can't expect people to just wait X amount of years without any heads up and come back all willy-nilly, expecting nothing to change. He knows this.

*He lazily tilts his head back some to look up at A'rys*

So what, exactly, is the problem?
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Haven Arnimane
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:12 pm

A'rys was sitting at her desk, her hands in a steeple position in front of her. She noted Aria's body language and tone when she entered and nodded. Aria was probably still upset about the greedy comment but petty things like that were of minor concern. Haven,arriving as he did, startled her only slightly but she was not surprised.  She listened intently as Haven spoke. What he had said was not all that new to her. She noted how he sat in his chair and his continually yawning. She smirked slightly and thought to herself he must have been with Grace. Still sitting she addressed them having leaned a bit forward on her desk.

" Good of you to come.  I have food and drink on that cart over there. Haven,that urn contains fresh coffee I suggest you drink some you look as though you need it.
The problem is Tony has been striking out more at people and in a more violent manner. Haven, you noted his attitude when we summoned the celestial. A month ago I was in Tivook and a man named Saber described how Tony over reacted at his comments. Aria has some information about actions and threats Tony has made.  In reference to Ne, I am concerned exactly how he views him, Ne has submitted his application to our guild and I have accepted him.

The guild does concern me, yes he was the founder and leader so whether or not he is still active he is history. People are leery of arcanists anyway it was a miracle we did not get our charter revoked due to Aria's little incident. We have been under major scrutiny since. The difference between Aria and Tony is that Tony is extremely powerful. In one of his so called rages he could banish some citizens into a portal or transformed.

I need to know, we need to know, exactly what instances occurred and what methods he used. He must be considered a dangerous wild animal for lack of a better term."

She leaned back in her chair, her fingers still laced awaiting their responses.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:04 am

Aria Frowned, she came here trying not to get angry about anything and this happens.. "i'm sorry but which one of my "incidents was this again? I have so many I lose track."The annoying was clear in her tone of voice,A'rys was always a bitch, damn How had she not noticed this before, maybe TOny would.. help her bring A'rys down a notch, he's wasnt unreasonable..... just...well.. no one you want to piss off.
"If you want Any info from me A'ry you can damn well apologize , you act Let yo know everything, clearly you dont, oterwise you'd know that tony was hunting a woman, Mialee In his wolf form, Grace and I stopped him but hells if care about you anymore A'rys, you've lost any respect I ever had for you."Aria gave up at this point and walked out, she was done with a'rys, Yeah she loved this guild But A'rys treated her like she aws a child. Maybe she should put Arys through the mental torture, change of her body, oh and The death of someone who she loved, Damn a'rys- maybe your the one who needs to grow up.She slammed the door and put on her Anti-Divination amulet And scryed tony(after arriving in her room in tivook barn) She had no doubt he'd scry her back.
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:41 am

*Haven watches Aria storm out and turns back to A'rys*

Leaving in a tantrum like a child. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Vrnea was a slightly more mature than her.

If you ask me, Aria is the real trouble, that, or they're as bad as each other... We should start making strict rules for this guild to prevent this from happening, that way we end up with obedient and respectful students who are much more willing to learn, rather than get pregnant part-way through training.

Moving on...

Define what you mean by "What instances occurred and what methods he used"?

He used for what?

*He walks over to the cart to grab some coffee and sit down, he figures this will take awhile*
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:44 am

A'rys sighed. Aria's reaction was not totally unexpected.

" You are correct Haven, rather than discussing anything, Aria justifies her actions are always correct and noone else has suffered or had problems or feelings. She runs off wanting the last word. I have met her children briefly when they were younger and they acted more mature. As for rules and such, yes I have been trying but it has been difficult doing it alone. It is possible she may do something spiteful even siding with Tony.  You offered to help take responsibilty for her, but then again supposedly she is an adult so. Still, if you or maybe Grace can keep an eye on her for me. Having two disruptive children at once is a bit much.

Sighing slightly she continues.

Haven wrote:Define what you mean by "What instances occurred and what methods he used"?
He used for what?

Well from what Aria said briefly and I may ask you to find out from Grace, Tony was stalking a woman named Mialee in his wolf form. So that is one incident and method. You mentioned his feelings about Ne. Exactly what were they? Since you have known him longer than I, what have you done in the past to side step his antics. Gods I wish Zeff was here too. No offense Haven."

Haven could see A'rys face was strained though she was still composed.

Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite Empty A slimy entrance

Post  LordSurge Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Stepping through some door (Was that the supply closet?), dripping in some neon-green semi-opaque fluid with fishing rod slung over one shoulder, Zeff appeared tired.

"Long day to be a guild leader hmm?"

He reached into a pocket and produced a very tiny cube, which was aimlessly creeping along his glove.
LordSurge
LordSurge
Forum Knight

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Zeff Trom
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:39 am

A'rys chuckled as she saw Zeff and breathed a sigh of relief. She looked at Haven then back to Zeff. Her tone had a hint of amusement yet an undertone of stress could be heard.

" What is it with you male mages and your fancy entrances?  Yes Zeff it is. I would suggest you use the clean spell on yourself.
I suppose you heard what transpired. In originally seeking advice on one it seems I need aid with two. I do thank-you for coming.
There are plenty of food and beverages on that cart next to Haven.  Aria demands without asking or talking about things. The matter of which she briefly alluded too we have not talked about though I have been available. Gods knows none of us are perfect and I never claimed to be, yet she can not seem to have any faults. She has a tendency to do spiteful childish things if she does not get her way. Unfortunately she could provide an opening and become a tool of Tony."

A'rys pauses a moment and drinks some of her own coffee before continuing. She frowns a moment as a thought crosses her mind and then continues.

" If I did not know their histories better, I would swear Tony could be her father. I do not have time to be bothered by what I percieve as childish pranks soon to be unleashed."

A'rys stopped and looked at the two.  She had hopes they would assist if not  it would indeed be a long day.

Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:43 am

2Aira sit on her bed and sighs.. She's.. was always cazy, then when she tried to be normal.. she'd blame it on void.. she ... had enough."I.. never take.. responsibility.. I... Act childsih.. because I was an adult.. when i was a child.. no.. more... I....need to Grow up.. take responsibility... It's time, I take responsibility".. still she wanted to contact tony anyway.. If anything let him defend himself for what A'rys called the meeting for..
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:41 am

*Haven suddenly becomes wide awake and quickly rises from his chair*

Apologies for the short notice, but I believe my lab is being trespassed... I'll have to talk with you later about this.

*He looks to Zeff for a moment*

Don't wait for me. Farewell.

*With that, he vanishes with a blue flash*
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:53 am

A'rys nodded but a frown played across her features.
She then looks over at Zeff.

"Well it seems Tony has made his first move. The question is is he alone or has he captured Aria? I have faith that Haven can handle it but if not, a back up plan would be in order.  I know you are not under any obligation Zeff and if you decline I understand."

A'rys hoped he would not leave her as the only other person she had to rely on was Enflavious and his Knower.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

TO TAME A TYRANT - Please pm for invite Empty A quiet farewell

Post  LordSurge Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Nodding towards Haven, he smiles a bit.

"I always find that entering an arcanists sanctum ends in surprises, hopefully nothing too serious. "

Turning back to A'rys, he frowned a bit.

"Unfortunately the slime is rather resistant to cleaning attempts both mundane and magical. Whether she has been captured or gone of her own free will you mean? Certainly a willfull one. "

Turning his hand over slowly as he spoke, the cube managed to remain 'right-side up'.
LordSurge
LordSurge
Forum Knight

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Zeff Trom
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:45 pm

A'rys nods.

" No worries about the slime or becoming clean Zeff." A weariness can be heard in her voice. "The fact that Haven vanished suddenly tells me that it is possible Tony is there and mayhap Aria. Yes Aria is willful but does have potential and that is why I had Haven mentor her. As for Ne'sekoleth he too has potential. I would rather try and have Aria and Ne learn control through this guild and experienced arcanists rather then unleashed on the world.  I have spent a great deal of time,effort and gold to create an actually place to accomplish this as before there was none. The guild under Tony was closed and really not about assisting others and more about Tony and his ego.

I think Haven may think having Aria and Ne maybe a mistake but understands and I think will continue to at least keep an eye on Aria.

It has only been recently that I have focused more on my arcane skills having spent more time on learning weapons as sometimes one cannot use magic.  Mayhap the fact I can use weapons and have made major modifications to some will help if Tony issues a challenge. Thanks to you and Haven I have learned some major spells which may assist should it come down to that.

I also sent word to Grace to try and assist in keeping Aria in line as she seems to have a good rapport with her yet I know Grace has recently become involved in some Druid matters.

I have for better or worse been one to try and meet my own battles without assistance outside from my summons and such.  I can understand if you do not wish any interest however I would value your advice and offer you payment for your time and wisdom if you so desired it."

A'rys was a realist and knew her chances against Tony may not be that good but the guild and her people were something worth fighting for as she thought them family.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:41 pm

" Seeing Zeff was in silent mode, A'rys fingered the amulet around her neck wondering if it was strong enough to block Tony's scrying efforts as she was sure he would attempt it.  Even if he did they really did not say anything he would not have already known.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:29 am

Having a feeling Tony may already know whats going on thanks to the loose lips of Aria, she decides to risk the messenger spell. Carefully reciting the words the messenger appears, a wisp.  Her message would be simple.

" Aria and Haven if you are available please come and see me."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:04 am

Perhaps two minutes after the message goes out, Tony appears.

He crosses his arms, leaning against a nearby wall.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:52 am

*Haven teleports in shortly after, only to give Tony an odd look, then turns to A'rys*

Yeah... This wasn't me.
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:37 am

Tony grins
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:43 am

A'rys was not surprised Tony showed, in fact she expected it.  She slipped the recent letter in her drawer thinking, "Great, another headache". Zeff seemed to be in another zone or deep mediation.  She was glad Haven came as he could be a calming force.

" Well the principle players are here. Now all we need to do is wait for the always punctual Aria."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 am

// OOC sorry bout taking a while to reply an all my Internets down and i'm using it thru a phone, and that's choppy at best.

Aria walks into A'rys office not too long after Haven teleported in and looks around mumbling something to herself And dismissing spike, she'd been talking with him on the way.Finally she looks at A'rys and bows her head Speaking clearly to her :" Sorry about talking a while, I cant teleport, yet" She walks to A'rys' Desk and places a note on it, before walking to a chair and sitting down, Sighing

"By the way, Ne got your letter, I think he's glad to be accepted."
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:43 pm

((OOC for continuity sake of events occurring in game RE The Rifstone, let us please keep this in forum and having occurred
before any mention of Riftstone))
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum