Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More combat options= more Immersion?

2 posters

Go down

More combat options= more Immersion? Empty More combat options= more Immersion?

Post  BenevolentDevil Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:48 pm

I kinda like this one ... would this be difficult to add in , say to the clover wand, or the rune-stone?
Alt Combat Options
BenevolentDevil
BenevolentDevil
Forum Courtier

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2014-12-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Bavmorda
Race: Human
Overall Level: 11

Back to top Go down

More combat options= more Immersion? Empty Re: More combat options= more Immersion?

Post  GM_ODA Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Friend Benevolent Devil,

To quote Arte Johnson "Very interesting...".

I _like_ some off the community made content. These look to be well-done. That said, I have to default to Eriniel (our Tech Lead and Lead Scripter) on the specifics of how or if it can be used here.

One reason I would think there _may_ be a problem is this "ACPv4 uses phenotypes 15-21 and 30-33, and is thus incompatible with the CEP horse phenotypes. I have no plans of migrating the ACP to a different phenotype range, so please don't ask. " -- from the neverwintervault.org posting which is linked in the link you gave.

It may be that if we had a volunteer helper to make such edits it could be "more likely" to be adopted here, but I hesitate to undertake the phenotype editing work on the meager staff we have at present. We do support horses using CEP 2.1 models, if this add-on (hak or override) mucks with that, then we would avoid using it.

All the above as a caveat, I'll flag Eriniel to give her assessment when her schedule permits.

NICE feature btw. It would be neat if it could work here.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

More combat options= more Immersion? Empty Re: More combat options= more Immersion?

Post  BenevolentDevil Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:55 pm

There's horses in game? ... O.o , neat. Did not know that ... hahaha.

I don't know a thing about pheno-types , thats gibberish to my hillbilly brain , lol.

I didn't know much about the ACP thing, just watched a short video of it working , and I was like ... "now THATS quality immersion aspect" , fits right in with the realm/server here in my eyes.
BenevolentDevil
BenevolentDevil
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  BenevolentDevil Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:03 pm

I can EASILY see Natasha using the "demon blade" fighting style ... it'd fit her to a T ( not the name, just the labled style.)

so much could be done via other characters too ... it is a nice modification.
BenevolentDevil
BenevolentDevil
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down