Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamedev's wanted!

2 posters

Go down

Gamedev's wanted! Empty Gamedev's wanted!

Post  anacondah Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:05 pm

Hello,

This might be the most remote place to ask such a thing, but here I go.
I'm looking for a storywriter and a 3d-modeler (3ds Max or Maya).
You don't need to know how to make models straight away, but at least willing to learn it! Very Happy

All you need to know about the game that is going to be developed, is that it will take place in a medieval timeline, and the game is planned to have the graphics of a crossing between NWN and Mount & Blade: Warband, and the game shall have a gameplay just like Neverwinter nights, but with a different approach on many of the various systems that the game has.

The team will consist of at least three and with a maximum of six persons. This is not going to be developed for commercial use, and it will be a free game until it's popularity can actually raise to above a 1,000 players, because servers aren't going to pay themselves Razz

This wall of text might certainly be very optimistic, but it definiately is challenging.
For six consistent months, we will be working on this project out of interest, and definiately not as burden. (this is one of the concerns, always, and it's very important that it cannot become a burden at times)
EDIT: After six months, a small pause to see how things are going, if things look bright, we will do another six months and do another recruitment round for more people who want to help develop, but until now three should be enough.

About the two positions i'm expecting for each an interested, challenged person, who can work as a team, and can always be reached by at least email. No need to communicate with telephones or voice even.

Some requirements are that you are able to speak english at least near or better than my english, and can at least commit to the project for more than a week.

So whats my story?
I'm a student at a school called NHL, which is a university of applied science in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. This project is a side-project I work on occasionally when I get back home. This project means alot to me, because it is the product of my own learning process. My task in this game is wrapping together the code for the game.

Here is some more info for those who are interested. I have tried asking GM_ODA for this, but he couldn't, that is why I try my luck on the forums here. Although he did offer me to show me some of his concepts he thought of for a game and I am expecting to receive them so that our storywriter can decide on them as a whole or partially.

The game I am developing now will have everything you could call a typical RPG. I'm first getting to the point where I can see that everything is just like that with these features as far as i know.
Inventory
External Object Inventories (chests, etc you can open)
Walk with WASD and arrows
Jumping (not sure yet if i will keep it, but it's already ready to be used)
Heightmap terrain (just like the NWN2 terrain)
Character creation (classes, stat weights, name, model color & shape)
Items (Equippable equipment)
Enemies (WITH enemy AI already completed but to be refined later)
Waypoints system for NPC's
NPC Conversation dialogue
Questing, storyline

All these features are NOT final, as with every new game.

And remember- these positions are NOT fulltime positions, and this project has no deadline, so when you have a really hard time from time to time, you're not also expected to work on the project in those tiring periods of the year.

If you are interested, please post your reply here or contact me through PM or Email.

Kind regards,

-Anacondah

anacondah
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://blog.anacondah.com/

Back to top Go down

Gamedev's wanted! Empty Re: Gamedev's wanted!

Post  GM_ODA Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Best wishes to you on this project Anaconda.

Just so you know, this forum has only a few more than 200 members at this time (and not all are recently vistiting) so your post, while well written, may be viewed by too few eyeballs to bring in the crew you seek. In the interest of helping you find some qualified team members you might want to post your message in some larger forums such as the following:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
^^^ the home of bioware these days

other possibly fruitful locations might include any of these...

Lastly, there are a host of game engines, many with forums listed here:

Hope this helps you in your quest.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  anacondah Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Getting a response here has more value because then he and I would have at least one thing already in common: Al Dohral Smile

anacondah
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-15

http://blog.anacondah.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down