Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

noob questions - subrace, money

5 posters

Go down

subrace - noob questions - subrace, money Empty noob questions - subrace, money

Post  exkilter Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 am

greetings,

i just rolled up a character and started poking around. it looks like you've put a lot of work into this server -- kudos! Smile

i have a couple of questions right off the bat. i created an aasimar, but none of the racial adjustments seem to have been applied except for visual fx. i.e., my char has wings, but no darkvision, no stat adjustments, etc. the wings popping up imply that the system recognized my char as an aasimar, i'm curious about why nothing else was applied. did i roll up my char wrong? and also -- can i lose the wings? not all aasimar have wings, and it doesn't exactly fit my character concept.

finally, i'm reeeally confused about the money. i have hundreds of thousands of m.u.'s -- but no gold. i went to buy things from the ooc merchants, tried converting the platinum into gp, tried aggregating the coins into my personal fund -- never did see my gp go up. it's like starving in a fine restaurant because you don't have a fork. what am i doing wrong?

thanks much!

exkilter
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-12-20

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

subrace - noob questions - subrace, money Empty Not a DM, but I am still glad to help

Post  BobbyBrown15 Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 am

The shops IG work differently than normal shops, the money is in MUs, not the standard GP, jsut grab items from the cases from the stores IG and talk to the merchant, as for the Subrace issues,a DM will have to cover that, since i saw this post unanswered i decided to throw a word in to help alleviate the confusion.
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Race: Human
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

subrace - noob questions - subrace, money Empty Re: noob questions - subrace, money

Post  GM_ODA Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Welcome friend exkilter!

Thank you for the kind words. The server is 10 years in the making. Thanks all around to our great staff, guest builders, DMs and PLAYERS.

While anyone can select any race, the benefits of a subrace is not applied until a DM approves your PC. This is typically done so that we can be sure each PLAYER appreciates any changes from D&D cannon which we may have made to the subrace or their history.

In the OOC (entry) areas, we use the legacy gold, there is a lever in the center of the south-central chamber, give it a pull and all your coins revert to LEGACY GOLD. You can then do trade with the merchants in the OOC entry area... but to prevent an exploit in nwn your pc must be naked to trade with them (nothing equipped at all).

Once you go in-game, and pick anything up, your legacy gold will revert to 'coins of the realm'. Note we name prices in MU or Monetary Units, copper coins, think of them like pennies. Coin types in diminishing values are PLATINUM, GOLD, SILVER and COPPER... each type of coin is worth 10 of the type that follows it, so 1 platinum are worth 10 gold are worth 100 silver are worth 1000 copper coins. Thus a price quoted as 127 MU is 1 gold, 2 silver and 7 copper. I hope this helps.

If you have any further questions, please ask. Thank you again for visiting, and I hope you enjoy the server.

Be well. Game on!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

subrace - noob questions - subrace, money Empty Re: noob questions - subrace, money

Post  exkilter Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:59 am

hey, thanks to you both for the info!
i look fwd to running into a dm online.

-ex

ps- and this :
GM_ODA wrote:to prevent an exploit in nwn your pc must be naked to trade with them (nothing equipped at all).
kinky! Wink

exkilter
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:27 am

Aasimar...a good one? You will be assimilated, resistance is futile! XD
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  exkilter Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:54 pm

just wanted to say thanks to the dm who zapped my char, the racial adjustments are now in place! thanks much! Very Happy

exkilter
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down