Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

going to jail

+4
Crescent_Black
Absol 13
GM_ODA
Pyro Fang
8 posters

Go down

going to jail Empty going to jail

Post  Pyro Fang Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:14 pm

a way to resist the wand that send u directly to jail and a way to get out of jail
Pyro Fang
Pyro Fang
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Nailo
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 27

Back to top Go down

going to jail Empty Re: going to jail

Post  GM_ODA Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Let's get some PLAYER and DM input, how would you like the jails to work if a guard 'jails' you... we'll review and discuss your ideas and synthesize the final package ... let your imaginations roam and let's have your best ideas please!

Be well, game ON!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:36 pm

well i like to see a DC for persuade to try to either talk your way out of jail or to sweet talk your way out of going to jail no?..
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Crescent_Black Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 pm

I think that ICly it should be placing the prisoner in special irons that prevent teleporting, running & attacking. "If these are special non-iron, irons" Otherwise, it would be logical to assume your merely attempting to put the 'supposedly beaten down and weakened prisoner' into irons to REALISITICALLY drag them off to a prison to lock them away. Teleporting someone via a wand to a cell.. isn't very RP worthy imho, gives no chances to refuse, resist or otherwise. If your trying to take someone in? OF COURSE it will be a lot more difficult than simply killing them where they stand. There is a reason bounty fliers are posted and in fact say "Full reward for being brought alive, half if brought in dead."
Crescent_Black
Crescent_Black
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 49
Location : Ground Zero (A massive underground complex in the shape of a large dome.)
Registration date : 2013-01-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Crescent Black
Race: Human
Overall Level: 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 pm

To be honest I don't like how the Jail system is, this is my suggestion.

Bumlader wrote:Hello everyone, just so you know I am new to these types of forums so please forgive me if I screw up on anything.

Suggestion number 1 : This one has to do with the guards, if your like me, you're unlucky because everytime the guards see you they aim a stone at you and say "Surrender or die, robber!", then you get put into jail. Here is my major problem with this, when you try to talk to a guard he calls you a harlot, and you can say "Prepare to die" and attack/kill the guard, why can you not do the same when you're getting a stone aimed at you, I am sure a great sword is more threatening then a rock. If you can fight back that will be a lot more fun..and easy to deal with other than being sent to prison.

The problem behind the jail system is that it forces you to surrender, and all they're doing is aiming STONE at you, i'd rather take my chances running and getting a stone thrown at my back then surrender from -that-. In my opinion, it should be were you have multiple choices, perhaps bribe the officials? Kill them? Or just surrender? Plus if they do kill or get away there can be flyers about it EVERYWHERE in the city, thus there you have a problem, BUT if you do this, there should be an option to were you can pay off the city for your bad deeds, then afterwards guards can't touch you! Very Happy.

I'm fine with whatever you do to the Jailing system because I am not a huge fan of it currently.
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 60

Back to top Go down

going to jail Empty Idea for Solution

Post  Shar Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 am

The ideal would be PC guards but that seems problematic with the current layout of the city etc..

I would say perhaps a conversation script with two choices

1. Resist - guards become hostile and your faction is set to "outlaw" ( Guards will hate you & merchants rip you off but otherwise no effect)

2. Comply with guards - you go to jail

***Note***

Escaping the conversation = Resist
If in combat = Resist

Resetting factions should be a DM assist so as to treat it as case per case.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Crescent_Black Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Dohral Imperial Legion: Stop right there criminal scum! You've violated the law! Pay your fine or serve your sentence! Your stolen goods are now forfeit! / On a side note, the NPC's sound like a good idea, especially with the low playerbase and large server. Too many areas to cover as a player guard, bounty hunting is a completely different story however. I approve this idea Very Happy
Crescent_Black
Crescent_Black
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 49
Location : Ground Zero (A massive underground complex in the shape of a large dome.)
Registration date : 2013-01-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Crescent Black
Overall Level: 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Crescent_Black wrote:Dohral Imperial Legion: Stop right there criminal scum! You've violated the law! Pay your fine or serve your sentence! Your stolen goods are now forfeit! / On a side note, the NPC's sound like a good idea, especially with the low playerbase and large server. Too many areas to cover as a player guard, bounty hunting is a completely different story however. I approve this idea Very Happy

wow.... I never realized it till you said that but really was a lot like the old Morrowind system LOL!

Guess i played that game a more then i thought.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Badgers_Revolt Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 pm

I believe the prison cell floors should be made of quicksand and/or lava. Depending on what your charge is, you get thrown in one or the other. If you are seen committing something but dont confess, you go into the quicksand cell. If you are wanted for Murder you go into the Lava cell. Smaller charges put you in a cell full of Badgers, that attack you if you even try to go near the bars. And, you do not want the badgers to attack you, no, no, no.

*Nod, nod* Thats what should be done with the jails. Would lessen second offenders.

Badgers ^-^
Badgers_Revolt
Badgers_Revolt
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Elurin Ma'fent
Overall Level: 9

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 pm

note don't give badgers the jail deed

Razz
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 pm

BobbyBrown15 wrote:note don't give badgers the jail deed

Razz

WHY?!?!?!?!?! confused confused confused confused just kidding, lol. rabbit
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Badgers_Revolt Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm

To be more realistic now. The jail should strip you of your weapons and disallow teleporting and scrying. Their should also be some sort of negative affect added to the PC, for long periods in the jail. I mean, their not exactly luxury living areas. Add disease to them after awhile. Any other things I will add when I think of them, its late here and I am tired.

P.S. Bobby Brown, Your character should be waking up in a Badger Pit tomorrow. And, any of your Minor characters in a Quicksand pit. The Minor characters shall have badgers thrown at them, until ODA states that I shall not throw another badger at them.

Razz

Badgers ^-^
Badgers_Revolt
Badgers_Revolt
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Elurin Ma'fent
Overall Level: 9

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 am

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE

Razz
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down