Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Jack

2 posters

Go down

The Tale of Jack  Empty The Tale of Jack

Post  DM Drachen Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 pm

I opened my eyes, my sight coming clear. I moved to get up, but I couldn't. Intense pain shot all over, I cried out. I found the strength to move my head, I looked down. Blood, everywhere. I was sitting in a puddle, my head pounded, my vision blurring. I let out another cry as I attempted to move again, hot tears streaming from the corners of my eye.

I looked down again, opening my eyes. My breath shuttered, and I attempted to move my arm. More pain. I struggled to form any words with my mouth, I softly called out, "Al!", no response. I grunted and groaned, and manged to lean forward. I nearly passed out, still dazed, my vision still blurred, intense pain still overtaking nearly all of my thoughts.

I fumbled with my left arm to the ground, the stone. My hands clenched around a sword I found, I quickly began to mumble the ancient words of magic, then it all went black. When I woke burning mist filled the room, burning my nose and eyes. I look down to my leg. It worked. I then looked over to my right arm, I quietly gasped, as I looked over the temporary fix to it. I had lost my right arm. Al, Al! , I screamed in my thoughts, I turned to where he had been, and began to crawl.

The sound of a splash echoed as my hand found the puddle, I yanked back, my skin stained with blood. I let out a cry of despair, a cry of pain and anger. This cannot happen, I can not lose him too! I managed to pull myself up into a kneeling position, I closed my eyes thinking. I knew this was wrong, I knew it wouldn't work. If only I listened to what my father taught me. I can still save him. Using my left hand, I placed two finger sin the puddle, my face stained with hot burning tears of anger, fustration, and loss. I grabbed for a nearby shield, and once again I mumbled magic words.

In a dazzling light it shifted and changed form, into a helmet. I turned it, and within the back I used my fingers to draw a symbol in blood. I then placed the helmet down, sobbing quietly. Leaning forward I pressed my right palm against the top of the helm, through shaky breaths speaking quietly. It began to glow, and at that very moment I swear I could hear his voice, but that was quickly covered by my scream. Again I slipped into the darkness.

This time I awoke, I had lost my right leg. The helm sat there, and from it a voice spoke. "Brother! Your leg, your leg!" the voice spoke in a sobbing and crying, a scared voice. I looked to my leg, which was gone. My flesh where the knee and shin meet, a simple rounded red lump lays. Bleeding and blistering, pulsing with pain.

What seemed to be a cackle came from the darkness, the acidic fog still burning at my eyes and nose. My eyes widened, realising where it came from. I grabbed the helmet, the temporary container of what could be collected of my brother. I started crawling, blood leaking from my lips and leg as I did so, as I moved to escape the room.

((Hope that was creepy, and a bit sad/scary as it should be. To set the mood, here is some very fitting music. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Jack  Empty Re: The Tale of Jack

Post  DM Drachen Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm