Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The search for a creature of gold and fire.

5 posters

Go down

The search for a creature of gold and fire. Empty The search for a creature of gold and fire.

Post  Hacatsu Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 am

The creature that strikes both fear and sparkle fascination on Elowir's face... It has been ten years, ten years of nothing more than just the memory, but there is now a hint, a place to start looking for; Humfoodale, there's where his search will begin.

After meeting with the golden wyrmling at the Islland of Vestalla (which had quite an ego), I got one information, the golden dragon Elowir's seeks might be somewhere in Humfoodale, but before meeting with the mighty golden beast, there was two things missing: one, Elowir does not speak draconic, second, his bard skills leave much to be desired, however, that was some time ago, now his bard skills have much been improved, so may the dragon wish Elowir to perform for it, the presentation won't be such an pain for the ears. But the draconic tongue is still a something to deal with.

There are currently two people that he knows of that may teach him draconic, Aria, the mentally unstable arcane-bard-archer, and Ne'Sekaleth(?), Aria's nowhere to be found, and Elowir have no time to waste looking for her, but fortunatly, Ne lives in Humfoodale, so while searching for the dragon, Elo might find a friend to teach him draconic aswell.

For now, Elo's using the Hillsbottom Inn as a place to lay his head, and earns some money at the Tavern, bard-like, this not just gives him some profit, but a reputation too.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Drurazor Urnagahaz
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

The search for a creature of gold and fire. Empty Re: The search for a creature of gold and fire.

Post  Absol 13 Tue May 13, 2014 4:23 pm

*aira has left a note on one of the notices in humfoo hoping elo finds it*
"greetings, hoping the person to open this is Elo...
anyway, I'm still willing to help you with the dragon , just dont expect me to write draconic, it's a damn chore, i can talk it sure.. but writing, nope. sorry

Signed Aria Lindon the half-elven bardic archer of the arts"
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

The search for a creature of gold and fire. Empty Re: The search for a creature of gold and fire.

Post  Hacatsu Tue May 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Elowir usually doesn't check the boards on Humfoodale, but this time one note caught his attention, after reading it, he raises both brows and quickly tears the paper apart.

"What on earth is that girl thinking?! I don't want to turn this public for obvious reasons! Hopefully people who readed this just thought it was some child's prank. If she is willing to help me, then she should've come personally, not posting a note on a public board about a dragon!"

He shakes his head and sights deeply.

"She'll eventually find me if she wants to, I always stay at the tavern by nightfall... But I would prefer that Ne helped me, after all, he's a half-dragon, and I can't possibly think of a better person to teach me draconic."

The last phrase he says mumbling to himself.
With that, he picks up the teared piece of papers and burns them with a torch.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Wed May 14, 2014 9:25 am

As Ne cannot read common he passes the notes without knowing.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 am

Aria, passing through humfoo decides to spend the night at hillsbottom, and upon hearing of Elos name decids to wait for him, playing some music wit her trusty lute, and sing to the inn.
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Wed May 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Elowir's back once again from one more search through the wilds, he goes straight to the Inn and changes his armor for a more confortable and suitable garnments for a bard, then he gets to the Tavern, where he thinks he just heard some bard playing songs at the same tavern he plays every night.

"Some other bard? Great, the last thing I need right now is someone to compete... My bard skills aren't that great yet."

As he enters the Tavern, he gazes the bard lady Aria admits the patrons, he tries to smile, but the exaustion of another day just allows a smirk. He enters her line of sight, and motions to a table in the far corner of the Tavern, then he just moves to the table and sits, asking for two drinks.

"So it is the bard lady Aria, the girl really does need to think before acting... She is indeed a better bard then I am, playing to the Tavern in a night like this, I can already see people booing me and asking "Where's the lady from the other night?!". At least she has good intentions, so that's ok."
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed May 14, 2014 2:01 pm

She smiles and walks over after finishing her song sitting across from him.

"I wondered if you were still searching, I would like to help you, but as said I can speak it, not write, now Nee might help but... the golden dragon may not like him."
she talks a bit quieter now
"He's half shadow, and they are inherently Evil, while he may not be his dragon half is, and the golden dragon MAY not be able to see past that.
Anyway, how have you been then?"
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Wed May 14, 2014 4:53 pm

As Aria sits down at the table, Elowir smirks and nods, he seems exausted and bit sad, it has been already five months since he got here to Humfoodale, and not a sight of the golden dragon has been found, he does not look the always sympathic man he usually is. He adresses Aria politely.

"Good evening lady Aria, it is good to see you again."

Before he says anything else, he waits for the waitress to put the two mugs on the table and take a distance, saying under his breath "thank you". He then leans over the table, whispering to Aria.

"My dear, I highly advice you to be more carefull about these matters, this is not the place to talk about this, just like a board is not a place to post a note about a dragon! I've been in this region for over quite a few months, and I have been highly secretive, noone knows the reason why I'm staying here, and I would like it to stay that way..."

He sights deeply again, and then talks again with a more calm voice, but the tone still has the air of stress.

"Anyway, I am... Fine, to say the least, thanks for your concern. But you haven't come here for small talk, and I do not have time for that either, so before we discuss any further, let us go to somewhere away from unwanted listeners."
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed May 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Aira nods to him a worried expression on her face, he's losing hope by the looks of it.
Sure, those men in the corner were giving me odd looks anyway,but are you sure your fine you look... upset...
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Wed May 14, 2014 5:59 pm

He just smiles and nods.

"Yes, I am a bit upset, but don't let that bother you, as it isn't bothering me. I'm not losing hope, it has been 10 years and I did not lost hope, I won't lose it now."

He finishes up his drink, and gets up from the table and moves to the door, makes a sign that Aria should follow.

"You are here to help me aren't you? That's good, I appreciate that, and that gives me more hope. Let's head for the Inn and rest, we'll begin our seach by sunrise"
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed May 14, 2014 6:12 pm

"Your assuming i'm actually going to- of course I am but you might want to ask farmers if they are missing cows, if you haven't done so.."
She gets up and follows him
to be honest i'm amazed you've not given up on it, I admire that, and hope that we can find the creature soon.
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Wed May 14, 2014 6:31 pm

The two move to the Inn and rest the night, by the first beam of sunlight that hits the ground, Elowir wakes up Aria, and asks her to pack up whatever she needs, and leave behind in the room things that won't be needed.

With that, Elowir wears on his mithral chainmail and readies his katanas.

"Alright Lady Aria, whenever you're ready, we will begin, if you do know where our friend Ne lives, do lead the way to him, if not, then let us just keep moving, and have hope we will suceed."

With the sunrise, his disposition seems renowed, he is better and less exausted than he was last night. The two take now the road southwards, and start the search for the golden dragon.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Sat May 17, 2014 3:44 am

//sorry for taking so long to reply, things going on
Aria gathers her things and put her bow across her back, leaving her things there, but she does summon spike and ask him to guard it, just incase.

"Ne?... I know the general area,but he doesn't like people knowing where he lives so I cant show you, even if I rember, it's not I don't trust you, It's Ne.. I don't want to show everyone his home just because they ask, I hope you understand?... I can after we get back, go out and find it, i know the general area. So I should be able to find it."

she sighs and pulling out her spellbook and memorizing something before speaking

"Tank boots"
As she says that her boots mend, looking brand new.Now she nods to him, Looking ready to go.
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Sat May 17, 2014 11:51 am

Their search takes one day and they find nothing again, Aria goes to her bedroom and Elo goes to the Tavern, after getting there, the Tavern's empty, without patrons to listen to his music, its useless to stay there, as he returns to his room at the Hillsbottom Inn, he finds Ne.

They greet and chat a bit, after Ne gives Elo trust, they head to Ne's home, together with Lia, Elowir asks for any insights of the Golden Dragon around, and Elowir asks for him to tech him draconic, Ne's says that he never saw a Golden Dragon in Humfoodale, but he agrees to teach him draconic, aswell Lia.

Elowir's taken down a bit by the negative answer that Ne never saw a golden dragon in all his years he lived in Humfoodale, altought after Elowir mentions that the dragon supposely only stays at Humfoodale during summer, Ne says that this year is actually the first year that he stays during all seasons on Humfoo, so that gives Elowir a bright hope.

This took place in the day 16 of the month 10, so Elowir has 2 months before summer, its not much of a time to learn a new language, but he'll try his best, to become a better bard and speak draconic.

//Errr, summer month 12 right? >_>
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Sun May 18, 2014 7:12 am

//i'm sorry but i cant help but feel your forcing this RP. not letting others do it, i just had to voice this..
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sun May 18, 2014 7:26 am

//OOC: Also, there are ingame means to learn Draconic aside from Forum RP...
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Sun May 18, 2014 8:43 am

Valerion wrote://OOC: Also, there are ingame means to learn Draconic aside from Forum RP...
actually val most of this is being done IG. But theres nothing wrong with keeping track.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Sun May 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Absol 13 wrote://i'm sorry but i cant help but feel your forcing this RP. not letting others do it, i just had to voice this..

// I'm not forcing anything, "not letting others do it"?! Pay attention to what you say, I just resumed something to put here what happened IG.

Valerion wrote://OOC: Also, there are ingame means to learn Draconic aside from Forum RP...

//Yes, I know that, but I'm continuing with forum RP simply because its easier, as I mostly when I log in, Shar isn't online.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Sun May 18, 2014 1:16 pm

//Ah- I am sorry, my bad I had not realized this had already happened IG, sorry bout that confusion.
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:51 pm

Absol 13 wrote://Ah- I am sorry, my bad I had not realized this had already happened IG, sorry bout that confusion.

///frankly, I'm offended.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Ragdoll_Knight wrote:
Absol 13 wrote://Ah- I am sorry, my bad I had not realized this had already happened IG, sorry bout that confusion.

///frankly, I'm offended.

// Why? >_> And I thought this tread was dead.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:25 pm

//I was kidding. But no one told me this was here either.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

The search for a creature of gold and fire. Empty Change of plans

Post  Hacatsu Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:51 pm

The search has proven fruitless, Elowir has given up hopes on finding the fire-breathing creature. He packs up all of his belongings at the Hillsbottom Inn's room, and prepares to leave Humfoodale for good, his journeys were troublesome enough already without the threat of an army invading the province.

"It is but a myth, and I'm a foolish child to go after it believing it might take me somewhere."
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:46 pm

As Elowir's lowest point has been reached he soon shall find that he was also being watched from afar just as he looked for another.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down