Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Skills for Elder Vampires

+3
LordSurge
Ranger of the Pubs
Guitarman1000
7 posters

Go down

Elite Skills for Elder Vampires Empty Elite Skills for Elder Vampires

Post  Guitarman1000 Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Here is a suggestion for Elite Skills for Vampires when they become Elders, they way I'm going to suggest it and list such is a choice of 1 Elite Skill upon becoming an Elder and then another later in time after being an Elder

1. Eternal Darkness - The Elder vampire is always surrounded by darkness regardless of the time of day. Sunlight is no longer a concern for the vampire as he is now followed forever by a cloud of darkness. Note: During the day you will now be able to be seen as a vampire immidiately upon being seen out in the sunlight.

2. One With Mist - The Elder Vampire can diminish his body into a cloud of mist, being able to slip within any crevice and fly. No standard weapon can harm the vampire while in this form (any weapon that would require physical contact to do any harm). The vampire can't attack or harm anyone while in this form. Note: Holy Water or Garlic would still harm the vampire while in this form if it is thrown out over the mist.

3. Elder Vision - The Elder Vampire has vision greater than that of a normal vampire. He can now see a lycon in their human form by seeing through them to see their true nature. He can also tell the nature of any being by the color of their heart.

4. Speed of the Elder - The Elder Vampire can move at speeds surpassing other vampires. He can go from one place to another at speeds that would only seem as a blur to normal beings and tougher to percieve to other vampires.

5. Flight of the Elder - The Elder Vampire can now fly without the aid of bat form or mist form.

Guitarman1000

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Elite Skills for Elder Vampires Empty Re: Elite Skills for Elder Vampires

Post  Ranger of the Pubs Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:05 am

*begins sharpening his stake...erm i mean tent stake.*

Ranger of the Pubs

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:14 am

Guitarman1000 wrote:Here is a suggestion for Elite Skills for Vampires when they become Elders, they way I'm going to suggest it and list such is a choice of 1 Elite Skill upon becoming an Elder and then another later in time after being an Elder

1. Eternal Darkness - The Elder vampire is always surrounded by darkness regardless of the time of day. Sunlight is no longer a concern for the vampire as he is now followed forever by a cloud of darkness. Note: During the day you will now be able to be seen as a vampire immidiately upon being seen out in the sunlight.

2. One With Mist - The Elder Vampire can diminish his body into a cloud of mist, being able to slip within any crevice and fly. No standard weapon can harm the vampire while in this form (any weapon that would require physical contact to do any harm). The vampire can't attack or harm anyone while in this form. Note: Holy Water or Garlic would still harm the vampire while in this form if it is thrown out over the mist.

3. Elder Vision - The Elder Vampire has vision greater than that of a normal vampire. He can now see a lycon in their human form by seeing through them to see their true nature. He can also tell the nature of any being by the color of their heart.

4. Speed of the Elder - The Elder Vampire can move at speeds surpassing other vampires. He can go from one place to another at speeds that would only seem as a blur to normal beings and tougher to percieve to other vampires.

5. Flight of the Elder - The Elder Vampire can now fly without the aid of bat form or mist form.

I like this idea, altough the two last ones seems a bit OP
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Drurazor Urnagahaz
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:44 am

Hacatsu wrote:

I like this idea, altough the two last ones seems a bit OP

You don't think being immune to the sun is a bit overpowered? (Not that it isn't often the case via items, or was last time I checked)
LordSurge
LordSurge
Forum Knight

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Zeff Trom
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:22 am

Well, yeah, kinda ... But we're talking about ELDER vampires, which means the PC must have been an vampire PC for quite some time.

And we can add something to it like ... It would require the PC to go through some challenges or something? The immunety to the sun can be nerfed if it is a problem tho, like, "The Elder Vampire can stay at the sun ... For a time" ... And the amount of time can be discussed.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:31 am

This could also be aided in all fairness by upping the overall damage that the sun inflicts to normal vamps..

no more 1 damage every X turns... lets make it 25% of overall health without possibility of saving via items. Twisted Evil
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:57 am

Iirc, the damage caused by sunlight is pretty troublesome already.

I mean, I saw a few vampire characters standing on the sun a few times, they didn't even managed to get inside on any nearby structure.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am

Well first of all "Thread long since dead, arise again from the depths of the forums and haunt the members with greatest dread".

Otherwise, seriously, elder vampires that can walk in the sun? *Facepalms*

Vampires seeing Lycans in their human form...we already have that aswell as a function in the runestone.

The vampires as they are now are good and rather balanced, aside from the still for Lycan and Vampire characters missing permadeath routine.

Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:44 am

I thought "naturally'' born vampires are immune or have a stong immunity to sun.
Created vampires do not.

In my opinion the Vampire class is high powered enough and at least sunlight and divine damage shoul dbe able to if not kill them out right weaken them by which they have to try and escape of be killed by a steak, turn undead etc.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Animayhem wrote:I thought "naturally'' born vampires are immune or have a stong immunity to sun.

This is not a Japanese cartoon.. Vampires cannot be born in a D&D setting because vampires are by definition already dead. Also yes after some thought i have to agree with Val on this one..Lets not break the vamps or worse... risk them becoming sun loving "twilighters"..
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Ok guys, discussion ended, these special stuff for "Elder" vampires is a no go.

Thx for all who weighted in their opinions.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Shar wrote:
Animayhem wrote:I thought "naturally'' born vampires are immune or have a stong immunity to sun.

This is not a Japanese cartoon.. Vampires cannot be born in a D&D setting because vampires are by definition already dead. Also yes after some thought i have to agree with Val on this one..Lets not break the vamps or worse... risk them becoming sun loving "twilighters"..

I forget which dm it was but they played a naturally born vampire some how born from a human woman.

I am not that versed in Vampire lore. I never even read Twilight.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Well, by DnD lore, AND serverlore, there are no "born" Vampires, only those who were infected or "made" which I will not elaborate further to keep the Secrets secret and not to spoil any lore I am not supposed to spoil.
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content