Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playerlist Suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Playerlist Suggestion Empty Playerlist Suggestion

Post  DM Drachen Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:31 pm

I think it would be nice, to prevent metagaming and just to keep your character classes more secret and hidden that we have them hidden on the playerlist. I've seen it done on servers like Amia and Arelith, I suspect NWNX is involved.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Playerlist Suggestion Empty Re: Playerlist Suggestion

Post  GM_ODA Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 pm

You are right, nwnx is involved in blocking that feature and we won't use nwnx here. I'm way too paranoid to load a utility offered by 'virusman.ru' - that name alone tells me, 'keep walking'.

Anyone caught metagaming should have a DM on their butt big time.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:50 pm

GM_ODA wrote:You are right, nwnx is involved in blocking that feature and we won't use nwnx here. I'm way too paranoid to load a utility offered by 'virusman.ru' - that name alone tells me, 'keep walking'.

Anyone caught metagaming should have a DM on their butt big time.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

As you wish big boss man! I just like to have that information hidden from besides the DMs & Staffly beings. The paranoia is good though, I wouldn't trust a program offered by virusman.ru either.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:27 pm

I do not think it is needed and common sense should be used. I play on another PW where you must have a bio before you can play in game or rp on forums. I do not read them unless asked to as I like to learn about the character in game. If you do not wish a class known, if you are a multiclasser then do not use any attributes of that class. However if during rp and gameplay if you do happen to and someone questions it then it would be part of RP. Keep in mind however, you as the player ooc may know what the actions mean but does your character in game know and if they do you should have the rp to back it up. Part of rp is learning new things. Smile
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Animayhem wrote:I do not think it is needed and common sense should be used. I play on another PW where you must have a bio before you can play in game or rp on forums. I do not read them unless asked to as I like to learn about the character in game. If you do not wish a class known, if you are a multiclasser then do not use any attributes of that class. However if during rp and gameplay if you do happen to and someone questions it then it would be part of RP. Keep in mind however, you as the player ooc may know what the actions mean but does your character in game know and if they do you should have the rp to back it up. Part of rp is learning new things. Smile

Oh no, I've just seen the playerlist metagamed. "Oh that wizard is a palemaster!" simply because they've seen my class combo on the playerlist, as my character had only taken one level, and had not roleplayed any of it yet. I simply wish to stop that more easily, because the DMs can't catch everything, but we catch most things.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:26 pm

True but it is your character and usually you can rp away out and if person does not like it or presses on then report it.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Animayhem wrote:True but it is your character and usually you can rp away out and if person does not like it or presses on then report it.
Yes, yes, yes. Excellent points, Animayhem. This was just a tiny detail suggestion, not anything major. I can accept it won't be imported. Smile
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content