Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create a TLK file on Windows 7

3 posters

Go down

Create a TLK file on Windows 7  Empty Create a TLK file on Windows 7

Post  Sir Gil Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm having a problem trying to create a file folder for the cep21_v1tlk file . I have downloaded the cep 21 and also have separated the v1 tlk file from the rest of them . The problem is there is no TLK file listed in the NWN files list , just the HAK file . My V1 TLK file is right there in plain sight but I have no folder to drag it to and I've left and right clicked on everything to make a new folder but no luck at all . Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated on how to create a folder :S    My Email addy again is      REDACTED      thanks for any help here Smile  Frank Gilpatrick USN - Retired .

Last edited by GM_ODA on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PROTECT USER FROM SPAM)

Sir Gil

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Create a TLK file on Windows 7  Empty Re: Create a TLK file on Windows 7

Post  GM_ODA Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:44 am

*salute*

Thank you for your service, Sir.

Welcome to the forum.

VERY good question. You are not alone in 'stubbing your toe' on that problem. Frankly, the documentation for the CEP is not the best it could be and it leaves many in the dark (stubbing their toes) on the nature of the problem.

Symptom: You installed CEP but it gives you an error message about a missing tlk file when you try to login to a server.

Fix: Initially, the folder for the tlk files does not exist, the correct location for this file is:

C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\tlk

create this new folder if it does not exist on your system, the .tlk files belong inside this folder. The tlk file you seek is actually on your computer, it arrived with the rest of the .hak files, but you have to put it in the right folder to make it work (the install for CEP does not do this sadly). If you still have the CEP archive (zip or rar or 7z) that you downloaded, open that archive to view the contents. If it is CEP 2.1 all the files are in one folder in the archive, so the tlk file is there too. If it is CEP 2.2 or 2.3 or 2.4 that you are using, find the tlk file within the archive in a folder named 'tlk'; copy the contents of that folder to your new folder.

That should enable you to login. Please let me know of your progress. Best wishes to you.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Eriniel Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Make sure you have full access rights to the nwn folder,
To forbid the creation of folders in Windows 7 is possible thru the advanced security settings, you can find these via the properties on the parent folder.
Eriniel
Eriniel
Lead Scripter

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content