Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server FUND RAISING TIME!!!

+4
Valerion
theApparition
sploenk
GM_ODA
8 posters

Go down

Server FUND RAISING TIME!!! Empty Server FUND RAISING TIME!!!

Post  GM_ODA Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:58 am

Friends,
I apologize that I've been away so much, you all know the RL reasons so I won't go into that. I will be returning soon, and an update to the module will be online within three weeks of this announcement (I'm working on fixing the corrupted bit again).

In mid-august the bill for the server comes due again. All you nice people who love the server, please open your wallets a little and donate what you can - without funds the lights go out.

Thank you all in advance.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Server FUND RAISING TIME!!! Empty Re: Server FUND RAISING TIME!!!

Post  sploenk Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:01 am

Done! Very Happy... Who's next?
sploenk
sploenk
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-10-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Salino Mudenya
Race: Halfling
Overall Level: 36

Back to top Go down

Post  theApparition Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Do I have at least 2 weeks?
theApparition
theApparition
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:21 am

*Pushs*
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:08 am

Its not much i know. I have been trying to grow my company and that costs money leaving me without a lot to spread.
I'll try to "push a few silvers" your way if i can but i cant promise anything this time around.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:42 am

*drops another donation into the pot*
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:18 am

*Pushes the thread just to be safe*
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:21 am

Friends,

Once again it is FUND RAISING TIME.

On July/19/2015 the server fee is due, and to secure 3 months with our dedicated server (described below) it will cost us $195 (that works out to $65 a month - which is less than we were paying for the old server). The PAYPAL account currently stands at $65 and change.

The server is Intel X3200 Quad-Core Kentsfield Xeon - 2.4GHz X3220, 8GB RAM, 500GB SATA 3TB bandwidth.

OUR SERVER continues to grow and evolve. In the last three months, more than 100 new Areas have been added (features planned from the start and required to end beta but with-held to preserve some of the fun for our veterans). We plan to roll-out several more phased construction reveals in the coming season. In the last 45 days we have released 100 new custom spells into the module. Our next steps will clean-up a few more loose-ends, send some finalized Areas into our server-side HAK (to enable 'room for more stuff in the module' which is nearly full to the brim atm). We have located a number of 'lost Areas' and are soon to restore these too. We have several highly skilled GUEST BUILDERS creating a number of new TEMPLES and other key Areas for us. KUDOS to you all GUEST BUILDERS.

NOTE IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY JOINED THE CADRE OF GUEST BUILDERS HERE - WATCH FOR MATERIALS TO BE SENT TO YOU BY FORUM MESSAGE THIS WEEK, AND EMAIL TO FOLLOW.

Anyone who has played her, knows that this server is FAST, RELIABLE, & FEATURE-RICH. Hosting, hardware, and bandwidth are partly to credit for the speed and robustness of the server, and literally 'the only way we roll'. If you enjoy the server and want to see her continue to provide 24x7 RP-fun, we need YOUR help!

EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS. This is not hugely expensive for what you get here - last time I saw a fast food drive-through a 'happy meal' cost about $6 - considering our monthly cost here is about $65, that would be approximately equal to 11 of our PLAYERBASE opting to support their favorite server the equivalent to the cost of a 'happy meal'. So, save your waist-line and the server! DONATE TODAY.

THANK YOU.

WITH YOUR KIND SUPPORT

24x7 WE BRING THE GAME!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Roger_Dodger Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:07 pm

GM_ODA wrote:Friends,

Once again it is FUND RAISING TIME.

On July/19/2015 the server fee is due, and to secure 3 months with our dedicated server (described below) it will cost us $195 (that works out to $65 a month - which is less than we were paying for the old server). The PAYPAL account currently stands at $65 and change.

Perhaps you should ask Hillary if she would like to donate her server to the cause. I understand that she isn't using her personal server anymore. Very Happy OK, snark off

OUR SERVER continues to grow and evolve. In the last three months, more than 100 new Areas have been added (features planned from the start and required to end beta but with-held to preserve some of the fun for our veterans). We plan to roll-out several more phased construction reveals in the coming season. In the last 45 days we have released 100 new custom spells into the module. Our next steps will clean-up a few more loose-ends, send some finalized Areas into our server-side HAK (to enable 'room for more stuff in the module' which is nearly full to the brim atm). We have located a number of 'lost Areas' and are soon to restore these too. We have several highly skilled GUEST BUILDERS creating a number of new TEMPLES and other key Areas for us. KUDOS to you all GUEST BUILDERS.

I hope some of these new areas will include lower level encounters. I've only found one way out of the 'rural' areas, that being past the 'campground' into the next area. I didn't get too far here, but did manage to shoot a deer for dinner. Very Happy Any of the blind alleys in the forest that surrounds all of the rural areas could easily lead to a small encounter area for us low-level types. Need some help? Happy to oblige.

NOTE IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY JOINED THE CADRE OF GUEST BUILDERS HERE - WATCH FOR MATERIALS TO BE SENT TO YOU BY FORUM MESSAGE THIS WEEK, AND EMAIL TO FOLLOW.

Color me - Anxious Very Happy

EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS. This is not hugely expensive for what you get here - last time I saw a fast food drive-through a 'happy meal' cost about $6 - considering our monthly cost here is about $65, that would be approximately equal to 11 of our PLAYERBASE opting to support their favorite server the equivalent to the cost of a 'happy meal'. So, save your waist-line and the server! DONATE TODAY.

Hey! I can afford the price of a 'Happy Meal'. My pleasure, I'm sure. Smile

THANK YOU.

WITH YOUR KIND SUPPORT

24x7 WE BRING THE GAME!

Have a good day, and Welcome back!

Roger Dodger
Roger_Dodger
Roger_Dodger
Forum Knight

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2015-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Grogan Klepsis

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:27 pm

I made a donation of 10 USD.

I hope you can all forgive me for it being so small but I have a lot on my plate IRL.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:12 am

Shar wrote:I made a donation of 10 USD.

I hope you can all forgive me for it being so small but I have a lot on my plate IRL.

Friend Shar,
THANK YOU! You ARE a friend to the server. Donations of EVERY size are welcome here, and we are grateful. It all adds up.

I hope life is treating you well friend!

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:45 am

Donated!
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Many thanks to all who have donated.

To all others, there are 30 days remaining to meet our funding needs before the due date.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Friends,
Currently, in the coffers are $188.55.

Monthly cost for the server is $68 per month ($65 for the server and $3 for a hardware firewall - an Eriniel recommended security precaution).

The nice hosting company offered to give us a free month if we continue to pay in blocks of six months - in other words, if we pay $408 (six months hosting) we will receive SEVEN MONTHS HOSTING... which would cover us out to FEBRUARY 19, 2016.

If we can assemble the $408 by our due date of July 19, 2015 then we will do this, otherwise, I will pay month-by-month until such time as the coffers allow us to ccover a 'six month block' of hosting again (which is what we did last go round).

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELP SUPPORT THE SERVER!

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:14 am

BUMP!!!

Friends,
I noticed this on another forum:

To further explain, each month I'm going to reset the monthly need to the $118 we currently use to host NWN.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^^^^ NOT OUR LINK - OUTSIDE LINK FOR ANOTHER SERVER - DISCLAIMER

So, remember, our monthly costs are about HALF of what this other servers' stated costs are, and the service we get, well, I would compare it to anything any other server uses.

Please remember to click OUR donate button and help support your favorite server.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:43 am

Currently, in the coffers are $188.55.

Monthly cost for the server is $68 per month
($65 for the server and $3 for a hardware firewall - an Eriniel recommended security precaution).

The nice hosting company offered to give us a free month if we continue to pay in blocks of six months - in other words, if we pay $408 (six months hosting) we will receive SEVEN MONTHS HOSTING... which would cover us out to FEBRUARY 19, 2016.

If we can assemble the $408 by our due date of July 19, 2015 then we take advantage of this offer of a free month hosting, otherwise, I will pay month-by-month until such time as the coffers allow us to cover a 'six month block' of hosting again (which is what we did last go round).

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELP SUPPORT THE SERVER!

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:46 am

Friends,
Only three days left until the server bill becomes due again. Donations have been slow the last six months and we are at this time holding less than three months worth of hosting fees.

To all of you who have donated, MANY MANY THANKS. Without you, we never would have made it this far.

At this point I am faced with a grim realization that the server is underfunded and that interest in the server has flagged. Simply put, without funding it will close soon.

From where I sit now, I see clearly that there is insufficient interest in the server to merit my continued efforts at historic levels. In the past we have maintained roughly 1 to 2 updates per week, this is a grueling pace for two people working alone. I am therefore pledging to reduce updates to once a month or less until such time as we close the server OR the server tops a three plus month buffer of funding. I supported the server SOLO on my own money for six years, I can do this no more. I won't press myself to find motivation to work on this project given the current low level of player interest; I can't even get most of you to do a little promotional posting and I am tired of doing it all for you. Unless funding tops three months buffer, I will be beginning to close this thing down starting immediately. I have ceased all promotional posts, if you folks want to lift a finger to get the word out, that's your own business, but I am done here.

Running this from my home is NOT an option, I have DSL here which is abysmally slow, cable Internet will cost me $70 a month and delver less than 1/10th the connection speed we currently enjoy. The cost of buying and maintaining a server locally plus the cost of what amounts to a dog-slow Internet connection is not at all something I would entertain doing. This server is run on a dedicated server as is or not at all.

Get off your collective asses and help, pitch in money or put an effort to promotion because friends, I am near done here. Show me you want this thing or I wash my hands of it all and move on to exclusively program for Android games, where I might at least find a fresh crop of more supportive fans for my next project.

All in all I consider this project a success: I learned to code C, I met some amazingly interesting and talented people, and I distracted myself from the sort of pain that gives one thoughts of little but ending that pain. Success scales to little things too. In the end, I hope you all enjoyed the server, and while it lasts, I hope you will continue to do so. This is not the end, but the writing is on the wall, the wallet is near empty and I am not at all able to carry you any longer.

If things turn around in the donations department, we will consider resuming a more-frequent update schedule, but unless that happens, you are getting an update today and the next one will not be for at least three or four weeks... with subsequent updates following at similar intervals until we close or the donations merit more activity on the build team's part.

THIS IS YOUR TWO MONTH WARNING - THIS SERVER

MAY

CLOSE IN 2 MONTHS. You are free to change that fate if you like, it is on you.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:08 am

Friends,
Server hosting payment was due on the 19th of July. Prior to payment the server fund stood at 188.55, after paying July's bill of $68, this leaves

Server fund current level: $120.55

This amounts to a bit more than ONE MONTH buffer. We are presently on a month to month billing cycle. Until we can boost our funding levels beyond the 3-6 month range, EVERY MONTH IS FUND RAISING MONTH by necessity.

Remember, this is a USER SUPPORTED SERVER - if ever the funding falls below the needed levels, the server will close. If you enjoy the server, please consider a modest donation and do not forget to help spread the word so others might be able to appreciate the beauty that is Argentum Regio.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:33 am

Friends,
As regards our server hosting - we paid ONE MONTH only on the 19th of July 2015 - normally we would purchase blocks of time by preference, six months at a go. Sadly, funding did not allow for that when the bill came due so we have reverted to month-to-month hosting (and getting no 'free month hosting' due to the billing month-to-month).

Still, we plod along, we have presently $139.67 in the coffers, this means we can host for only TWO months beyond what is paid for presently (specifically, we can pay for hosting through 19 OCTOBER 2015 with the money presently on-hand).

Recently I declared that we would curtail our twice-a-week update schedule due to lack of funding. PLEASE NOTE THE SERVER IS ON THE TEETERING VERGE OF BEING ABLE TO COVER THE MINIMUM THREE MONTHS GOAL THAT I SET - if we can make that number, I will resume the twice-a-week updates, otherwise, once a month is all I can guarantee.

DO NOT BE DISHEARTENED, you are very close to making the mark. NOW is the time to step-up and help the server. DONATE, POST on outside forums, build out the WIKI, and help tell the world WE ARE HERE TO STAY!

FOCUS people, lest another great server go dark, we need YOUR help.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:14 am

Friends,
Since that last post (above) we have limped along making the monthly fee, month-by-month. Sometimes that is no mean feat, but at the least it is enough to keep our server online.

At times it has seemed a little on the doomed side, but there are those who love the server and who are unafraid to step up to the task. In the last 60 days we have seen several BIG donors step in, and as a consequence, we have the next six months hosting covered.

cheers cheers KUDOS TO ALL YOU WHO STAND WITH THE SERVER!!! cheers cheers

Remember, each month we need to get donations totaling right around $60 (I am today negotiating the new rate for the next six months so will have more detail on this later) - if you play here and you love the place, please, consider your heart. All that cholesterol. Skip the chips on your next meal out and donate the price of those french-fries to our beloved server hosting fund. If 20 players donate just $4 a month WE ARE SET.

I am looking forward to a very productive winter season - debugging, bringing in a new crop of DMs and moving this project a bit closer to the end of beta.

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING HERE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND DONATIONS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS IN SUPPORT OF THE SERVER YOU LOVE!

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:50 am

Friends,

Server funding stands at $77.74 - which amounts to a bit more than one more payment (due August 18th 2017 and which would carry our server through September 18th 2017. Unless donations arrive between now and that date, the server will close on September 18th, 2017.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:02 am

Friends,

Our NWN hosting is covered through January 18th 2019 - less than 30 days as of this writing. Please remember it is ALWAYS a good time to tickle the donate button. Rolling Eyes

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down