Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Spells and its influences

2 posters

Go down

Custom Spells and its influences Empty Custom Spells and its influences

Post  Valerion Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:07 am

Here a small suggestion, I think that custom spells should be, like normal spells, be influenced by armor and shields and other more surrounding based influences, making failure possible in a percentual amount, otherwise the magic of the custom spells would not make much sense in my eyes.

Like, while being in a dead magic area, custom spells still work, so if a DM or player as an example lures a mage into a dead magic area, and he just bluntly teleports out.

So that things like Dead magic areas, Wild magic areas and armor influence even custom spells.
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Custom Spells and its influences Empty Re: Custom Spells and its influences

Post  Animayhem Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Wild magic already disrupts spells of any sort. I could see them not working in a dead magic zone. I disagree with the armor penalty. They are not in the normal spell slot book. So far in memorizing the spells, the only other option which comes up, is some spells memorize as metamagic but extends not stilled even if you have stilled spell feat.

What I would like to see with spells, is the fact you can actually use them five times as stated. Spells are nerfed enough as it is in my opinion.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:35 pm

I do not see this so, let me take an example, we are in a dead magic area, someone has conjure golem in his spellbook and 25 silver bars, that person can summon 5 silver golems in an instant which will not vanish when he dies but go rampant then.
All that while wearing, let me see,....a full plate, I do not think so, there should be the same chance of failure like every other spell.

ALSO the "custom" spells are spells from DnD 3.5 and fall under the same prohibition rules, armor does influence arcane spellcasting DOT.

I honestly must say, as much as I LIKE custom spells, as I see it on the server for my personal view, there is no great balance due to the fact that 3.5 elements are induced into a limited, hardcoded game that bases on 3.0.

Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content