Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limit on number of active pc's

5 posters

Go down

Limit on active characters

Limit on number of active pc's Vote_lcap33%Limit on number of active pc's Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Limit on number of active pc's Vote_lcap67%Limit on number of active pc's Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Limit on number of active pc's Empty Limit on number of active pc's

Post  Animayhem Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I think a fair number of one person to have active pc's would be five.
Now some may say that limiting creativity it is not. We are an rp server. If I had more time I would make more but I do not. Its frustrating to rp with some one then boom all the sudden they are gone.

If a player has five but decide they want another, then they would have to delete one to make a new one.

Thoughts?
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Limit on number of active pc's Empty Re: Limit on number of active pc's

Post  DM Drachen Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:52 pm

No. This only limits fun that can be had. I can only see it being discouraging and nothing else.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Discouraging to me is rping with someone then they do constant switching. It would make players in my opion rp their characters more rather then just creating because they can.

Character quaility in my opinion better than quantity.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Sadly thats not for you or anyone else to decide, its their account, their characters, I see no justifiable reason to limit how many characters a person is willing to make, that is up to them alone, if you don;t like it, you don;t have to RP with them, this has always stood and should be the only countermeasure we have. The only thing we can limit is the subraces they choose to play out, as we DMs need to approve any more exotic subraces, and the players need to have a suitable argument to play them if I recall correctly.
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurora Silverwolf Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Indeed that is not for you o say . We try to encourage players to come to the server not drive them off by being prohibitive on their creativity .. It is the players account, their characters, their ideas .. To have another player come up and say "you have to limit the amount of PCs you can have" is rather poor form .. and rude to the players.

So No there should be no limits save on the subraces
Aurora Silverwolf
Aurora Silverwolf
Posting Knave

Female Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:58 am

BobbyBrown15 wrote:Sadly thats not for you or anyone else to decide, its their account, their characters, I see no justifiable reason to limit how many characters a person is willing to make, that is up to them alone, if you don;t like it, you don;t have to RP with them, this has always stood and should be the only countermeasure we have. The only thing we can limit is the subraces they choose to play out, as we DMs need to approve any more exotic subraces, and the players need to have a suitable argument to play them if I recall correctly.
I cannot believe I am going to agree with you on something, but yes, I agree with your sentiment all the way. No-one should dictate what limits we can have, it is our account and it's OUR characters. This should be OUR decision NOT the DM teams, if you don't like it then you have to find ways to deal with it. I've had to deal with a few things I didn't like when I played on the server, I had adjusted my expectations. But doing this is way out of context and is absolutely absurd.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 60

Back to top Go down