Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limit what can be put in a gem pouch (and other tiny containers)

+5
Hacatsu
Animayhem
Ragdoll_Knight
GM_ODA
Dark Defiance
9 posters

Go down

Limit what can be put in a gem pouch (and other tiny containers) Empty Limit what can be put in a gem pouch (and other tiny containers)

Post  Dark Defiance Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 pm

GM_ODA - We discussed this in game today and you mentioned to put in on the forums so here it goes!

The Gem Pouch can house just about anything being its a container. The pouch itself is a mere 1x1 inventory square, but I can toss in the Great Axe of Pub Breaking +5 [2x3] with my Anti-Beer Stain Armor +1 [2x3] as well as precious gems that won't scratch those two awesome artifacts in it.

This can be used as an exploit of sorts by effectively increasing the amount one could carry in the inventory slots themselves (weight still be a factor though).

-DD

Dark Defiance

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Back to top Go down

Limit what can be put in a gem pouch (and other tiny containers) Empty Re: Limit what can be put in a gem pouch (and other tiny containers)

Post  GM_ODA Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

Very Happy Good points all.

OK, everyone I'm about to limit those bags to small objects only to include the following:

gems, coins, amulets, rings.

If you want them to (reasonably) hold anything else, sound off here and tell me what you feel should be included in this list.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Limit what can be put in a gem pouch (and other tiny containers) Empty Re: Limit what can be put in a gem pouch (and other tiny containers)

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:11 pm

gloves maybe, possibly a belt?
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Race: Human
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:05 pm

LAST CALL for input on this topic, sound of now please!

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Personally I see no problem most people use them for smaller items anyway. We are in a magic realm so why not?
There are more important things in my opinion that need attention.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Agreed with Animayhem.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Drurazor Urnagahaz
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:01 pm

Sounds rather unnecessary to me.
LordSurge
LordSurge
Forum Knight

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Zeff Trom
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 pm

I advocate this idea, and I've had five years to think on it. It's still a major problem that people exploit and should not. Gem pouches are not quivers, are not magic bags. They are tiny pouches used to store a few handfuls of gems and other small items.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:28 am

As much as the gem pouches help me with carrying Valerions stuff until he has a fixed point where he can store stuff...Rag has a point, I would welcome the possibility to make gem pouch sized magic pouches tho.
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:39 am

We... could make regular gem pouches and 'magic gem pouches' that have a tardis effect.

The regular bags would only allow small items in them (1X1, maybe 2X1, 1X2?). The magical bags would allow larger items (2X2, 2X3, 3X2) but maybe not huge items like armour. The magical bags would be harder to get of, and more valuable.

Perhaps we should also consider magical bags vs regular bags. I have no problem with a bag of holding or an aldross bag to be able to contain suits of armour, but it does seem strange that a haver sack can.

To be honest, it's a bit strange to think that people are a walking armories and shop stores.
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:42 am

Tardis bags are needed, I mean The amount of stuff I have on aria is insane. 12 lots of clothing. A rand of weapons from greatsword size to a dagger. LOTS of scrolls and magical items Now granted- that mots of that in in magical bags, and that I only have small things in most of my gem pouches, (One of them does have healing kits and potions.) Though, I do thing, this isnt urgent, but I'm not saying no to it happening.
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down