Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fix prices of resting at inns

2 posters

Go down

Fix prices of resting at inns Empty Fix prices of resting at inns

Post  Nightcaper Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:27 pm

While roleplaying my Cleric, I headed to an inn to rest, since unlike the rough classes I've played, my character requires resting in a proper area. Costs of rooms seem to vary, so for sake of example I will say this room was worth... 52 copper. That's not too costly, right? Very Happy

Well... the thing is, after selecting the room, it confirms the price one more time, but instead of 52 copper it's 520 copper. That is 10 times the price listed, and I confirmed that remained consistent with all the other rooms, as they also showed as 10 times their originally listed price. Just to make sure it wasn't a text error instead of a money error, I tried buying the room. I definitely did not have 520 copper, so if it was just a typo of some sort, I would be able to purchase it. It is, in fact, a money error, as it said I didn't have enough money. (which indeed, I don't have 520 copper) No rest for Curantis! Crying or Very sad

I think inn prices should be given a look, the 10x factor seems consistent which leads me to believe it may be a money conversion error, accidental of course. The problem happens between selecting which room you want, and the confirmation of the price after selection. I feel this is pretty urgent as non-rough classes that aren't living it out in the wilderness will have some restless nights indeed! Sleep

If someone could please take a look at this among the no doubt many other helpful suggestions, that would be great! Thank you for reading this, and I appreciate the hard work you put in to making this server as awesome as it is. cheers

Nightcaper
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2015-04-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Curantis Wayward
Race: Human
Overall Level: 7

Back to top Go down

Fix prices of resting at inns Empty Re: Fix prices of resting at inns

Post  Nightcaper Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm

BUMP: I just noticed that the Dohral college dorms have perfectly functioning "inns" (price wise, didn't actually test getting the room). This leads me to believe that in certain parts of the module, inns may have incorrect prices instead of the whole thing. The inn I was using when the 10x price bug happened was the Alderwood inn, I believe. Hope this helps, I'll keep an eye out for other inns with the issue.

Nightcaper
Posting Knave

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Roger_Dodger Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:00 am

Nightcaper wrote:While roleplaying my Cleric, I headed to an inn to rest, since unlike the rough classes I've played, my character requires resting in a proper area. Costs of rooms seem to vary, so for sake of example I will say this room was worth... 52 copper. That's not too costly, right? Very Happy

Well... the thing is, after selecting the room, it confirms the price one more time, but instead of 52 copper it's 520 copper. That is 10 times the price listed, and I confirmed that remained consistent with all the other rooms, as they also showed as 10 times their originally listed price.

So glad to see I'm not the only one who's noticed this. Perhaps the price should be given in Silver Pieces (SP). 10 CP = 1 SP, right? So if the price of the room is quoted at 52 Silver Pieces, then nobody's going to complain when the innkeeper takes 520 Copper Pieces. CPs seem to be the de facto rate of exchange, even though all the different 'Pieces' are used.

Just to make sure it wasn't a text error instead of a money error, I tried buying the room. I definitely did not have 520 copper, so if it was just a typo of some sort, I would be able to purchase it. It is, in fact, a money error, as it said I didn't have enough money. (which indeed, I don't have 520 copper) No rest for Curantis! Crying or Very sad

Jeepers! You must be a hermit or a Monk (Vows of Poverty)! Here, hold out your begging bowel, and I'll drop a couple of coppers into it. Smile (clink, clink)

Roger_Dodger
Roger_Dodger
Forum Knight

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2015-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Grogan Klepsis
Overall Level: 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightcaper Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:39 pm

To answer that, my Cleric rarely keeps much money on him, as much of it goes to tithings and helping the poor. (of which I gain no XP for, so it's purely out of roleplay for now sadly) I'm not so worried about money as I am XP, I feel stranded playing a Cleric with the only real ways of XP gain being monsters that I can't handle (which I have no real standing RP reason to fight), DM granted XP for events, and pumping for information. (I'm treating it ICly as preaching and discussing my character's god with others) Finding out about the pumping thing has been very helpful so far, I hope the Persuade skill affects the roll for it since naturally my non-combat Cleric would be better at spreading the word and convincing others of his stance and deity than swinging a weapon at people.

Nightcaper
Posting Knave

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content