Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty server

+5
Animayhem
heather
GM_ODA
Orinai
Valerion
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Empty server Empty Empty server

Post  Valerion Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:28 am

Where is everybody, I mean I come in to the times where I normally met the most of you people, our good players that cling to this server, but hells that was one week where I met only ONE! other Person over the whole week, I hope to see you guys again soon, whatever may keep or had kept you from the server.

See you and GAME ON!
Oliver
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Empty server Empty Re: Empty server

Post  Orinai Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 am

lol, ive been extremely busy. in the last month or so ive had anew daughter, work has gone into full swing (im a roofer), and in the last week, ive been battleing harcore teeth pain. my jaw is trying to kill me Neutral

but yea, ive noticed it too. it is simply the way,kinda like a tide

Orinai
Forum Knight

Male Number of posts : 125
Location : the armpit of america, the black swamp. toledo ohio
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Eurikai Duenrhae
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 am

I've been away, busy coding the new NeverwinterConnections.com site with Eriniel. When I lay off promotions, the general level of population tails - all PLAYERS are encouraged to both login to make the place look lived-in and also post post post on other forums, to help inform others - that other players enjoy this place (rather than just my say so, as I may be biased you know). Very Happy

Be well. Game on!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  heather Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:35 pm

kind of been doing a little bit of work irl... so been a bit busy during the mornings :-( sorry... hopefully will be getting on again earlier soon

heather
Forum Knight

Female Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Melinda Davis
Overall Level: 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:27 pm

worked a crap arse shift last week. maybe will be better this week as for ingame.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Been busy RL aswell. I tried to get on one night but my internet is being real crappy lately.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:29 pm

I havent been on in a full week due to finals.. i can resume my normal play on Thursday but not sooner... sorry
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 am

Good luck shar. =)

Also, I won't be able to get on for a while. I've confirmed the desktop I've been using has some issues connecting to my wireless router. I've tested it with other devices and the internet works just fine. Sorry in advance, I'll try to be getting some new type of computer or what not. Til' then I'm stuck with this thing that reguarly loses internet connection when there is one.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 pm

a new router would be cheaper..... just saying...

the problem is probably the router or modem not the pc itself especially if it works other places. modems go bad on occasion its happened to me. a new PC is going to cost you a good fifty or more times what a new wireless router is.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Wed May 02, 2012 7:17 am

What Shar said! Very Happy
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 am

Or just get dsl and a desktop Very Happy

Works for me. Compy a bit pricey over 3k, but it is almost extreme high end and I won"t need to buy a new one for a long time.

Plus rl has settled dwn a bit so hopefully I will be on more however my schedule changes each week.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Eriniel Thu May 03, 2012 10:40 am

DM_Dragon

Just incase not already tried:

Make sure you have no other wireless devices in range that could be interfering. I've seen wireless routers messed up by everything from wireless mice to house burglar alarm system.

Just to be sure the router hasn't fried (the odd power surge thru the phone line can cook most routers... Shouldn't happen but then all it takes is one lightning strike in the wrong place or some 'electrician' shorting a pylon power line to the phone line...).

To test the router there is usually an Ethernet (RJ-45) socket on the router to connect a wired network to it, most laptops and desktops have such socket these days and a simple RJ-45 patch lead is available in most computer and electronics shops, for a meter or less are really cheep and all you need for such a test. Of cause you can always just use the wire when you want to be online without interruption.

Eriniel
Eriniel
Lead Scripter

Female Number of posts : 340

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Eriniel wrote:DM_Dragon

Just incase not already tried:

Make sure you have no other wireless devices in range that could be interfering. I've seen wireless routers messed up by everything from wireless mice to house burglar alarm system.

Just to be sure the router hasn't fried (the odd power surge thru the phone line can cook most routers... Shouldn't happen but then all it takes is one lightning strike in the wrong place or some 'electrician' shorting a pylon power line to the phone line...).

To test the router there is usually an Ethernet (RJ-45) socket on the router to connect a wired network to it, most laptops and desktops have such socket these days and a simple RJ-45 patch lead is available in most computer and electronics shops, for a meter or less are really cheep and all you need for such a test. Of cause you can always just use the wire when you want to be online without interruption.

I know this too well, Erin. Sadly my last computer got destroyed by a power surge. But, getting a new internet router soon. I also use lots of wireless things near it, so that could be the problem aswell. Ta-ta for now, Aldohralians!

DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:49 pm

And again the Server is empty, noone there...and it is getting boring. Guys come on, get on the server! XD
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:27 pm

More of our players and dms need to post on the main nwn sites

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

More posts and more often help tell the rest of the community that we have a lively bunch over here - and that will bring them in to play.

Be well. Game on!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

It is difficult coordinating Euro and US times.

It will be difficult for me as with summer vacations coming up my sifts will be jumping all over.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:15 pm

hi guys, sorry as i know i -HAVE- been absent for about a week straight... I took a summer 1 class and my final exam is on Tuesday so i have 500 years worth of historical information to make sure i know before tuesday... Neutral

there are so many theories and documents and dates and debated events, some of which tie into other events thousands of years back that you need to understand or you wont know the real reason behind the first event.... its a good thing i love history, cause there's a lot of it...
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:22 am

Oh my, good luck Shar!!! *Presses his thumbs*

And about the US - Europe time Animayhem, I mean, I am also online at night and early morning sometimes, which is evening to night in the eastern U.S. and there weren't a lot of people on through the whole week, I mean of course everyone has his reasons, still it is suprising noone comes on at such times.

Well anyway, I will be happy once I can play with you guys again, Val needs his metaphorical ass kicked :-P
So long
Oliver
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:51 am

Feel free to sound off in this thread about which method brought YOU here. People find new servers through a fairly few methods, these include:

1) Search Engines - I have done everything possible to ensure that we are well placed in this area, proof is the number of new people who find this place each week via the search engines ().

2) Word of Mouth -

A) in the strictest sense of the term, there is little of this as most players don't know others in RL to whom they could discuss nwn with any hope of getting a new player/DM to join.

B) online 'chat' rooms, forums and social media are a great way to meet and communicate with others who may share your interests - posting in FORUMS OTHER THAN THIS ONE such as the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and others where gamers who do not yet play ArgentumRegio are great places to find new players and help us grow our numbers. I have posted here dozens of times to encourage you folks in this regard, but I cannot do all the posting on other forums myself as it has a ring of bias to it unless it comes from players.

SPECIFIC EXAMPLE - this message thread has languished for SIX MONTHS without a single PLAYER adding to it, it now rests on the THIRD PAGE of the board, with more than 50 messages ahead of it - thereby it has pretty much NO chance of helping to bring in new PLAYERS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you PLAYERs and DMs want to see more fresh blood here, get busy, post on these threads and help tell others how cool the place is.

Even if you have posted before, do it again, FRESH messages get read, stale ones get archived. If you folks won't help promote the place, then get used to being lonely here. In short, get off your e-butts and help; go post! Erin and I cannot do it ALL alone here.

Be well. Game on!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Shar wrote:hi guys, sorry as i know i -HAVE- been absent for about a week straight... I took a summer 1 class and my final exam is on Tuesday so i have 500 years worth of historical information to make sure i know before tuesday... Neutral

there are so many theories and documents and dates and debated events, some of which tie into other events thousands of years back that you need to understand or you wont know the real reason behind the first event.... its a good thing i love history, cause there's a lot of it...

*hugs*

Success to you
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:24 pm

I Sat here for a long time and even had a plot set up then everyone left really suddenly and all at once Crying or Very sad ...
Noone else has logged on either since then. Is there something i don't know about? Strange day.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Shar wrote:I Sat here for a long time and even had a plot set up then everyone left really suddenly and all at once Crying or Very sad ...
Noone else has logged on either since then. Is there something i don't know about? Strange day.

well thats no good. when you say they all left, do you mean, just logged out? no pleasentries and the likes?
i knew i shoulda got on when i got off work, but daddy duty had my attention.

Orinai
Forum Knight

Male Number of posts : 125
Location : the armpit of america, the black swamp. toledo ohio
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Eurikai Duenrhae
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 pm

Orinai wrote:
well that's no good. when you say they all left, do you mean, just logged out? no pleasentries and the likes?
i knew i shoulda got on when i got off work, but daddy duty had my attention.

only one left was uglack....

Yeah.. really strange, everyone poofed within 3 seconds of each-other and never logged back in. I actually thought it might have been some massive power failure at first but with the player-base so spread out; half of the north american power grid would have to be down... and i think i would have noticed THAT...
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry guys but I have been working 2pm-10:30pm Yesterday and today.

Will be back to normal shifts rest of the week earliest I could get in game would be 5:30pm Seattle Time latest would be 9pm-10:30pm Seattle time. You can send me a pm. Lately I have had to preset blocks of time and as summer goes on jumping shifts to cover vacations.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:32 pm

Animayhem wrote:Sorry guys but I have been working 2pm-10:30pm Yesterday and today.

Will be back to normal shifts rest of the week earliest I could get in game would be 5:30pm Seattle Time latest would be 9pm-10:30pm Seattle time. You can send me a pm. Lately I have had to preset blocks of time and as summer goes on jumping shifts to cover vacations.

No worries! RL is first priority!

I just thought it was odd because there was like 5 people on and then it was suddenly just me and uglack in a matter of seconds.. Unless it was some error, i never have seen that happen before.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content