Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandits on the highway (and other spawns)

4 posters

Go down

Bandits on the highway (and other spawns) Empty Bandits on the highway (and other spawns)

Post  eve_of_disaster Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:58 am

I would like to see some bandit spawns on the road between Tivook and Dohral. The only thing you may come upon atm are assassin vines, which is boring to fight since they do a ton of damage and have creepy voices that makes the blood curl in your veins. Also overall more of the spawns would be nice and possibly even some more of those hidden away permanent spawns. New players loves being able to walk outside and run into an ambush, it makes the server come alive. I've heard its already being planned but I would love to help make it happen by helping to point out areas where I as a player and game-tester would love to randomly run into monsters or bandits.

The plans of making spawns like that not happen when a dms on should, in my oppinion be made so that the spawns doesn't happen when a dm is in the area, or if the dm tags the area for his or her event (I dunno how to tag an area or if its even possible) which should be something you'd easily accomplish. Could it be made so that a dm can change the level of what can be spawned when a player walks into the area? That would be incredible.
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Bandits on the highway (and other spawns) Empty Re: Bandits on the highway (and other spawns)

Post  KangTheMad Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Lions, Tigers and Bandits oh my! Razz

I'll take this one, since it doesn't appear to be IG yet.

KangTheMad
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dirk Osric
Overall Level: 5

Back to top Go down

Bandits on the highway (and other spawns) Empty Re: Bandits on the highway (and other spawns)

Post  GM_ODA Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Very Happy Actually, there ARE bandits that work the roads, but they move from day to day (to avoid having the locals send a posse in on them). There are at least six roadway areas they watch at irregular intervals, ready to pounce on the unwary.

Still, nothing to stop a DM from adding more bandits when they please.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

You should also look out for the Bandit's pet Rust Monster, Frankie. He's escaped and could be found for a reward.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  KangTheMad Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Ragdoll_Knight wrote:You should also look out for the Bandit's pet Rust Monster, Frankie. He's escaped and could be found for a reward.

I like the way you think.

KangTheMad
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dirk Osric
Overall Level: 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down