Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eveys suggestions

+5
Dranz
Eriniel
AdaonGP
Khaos1987
eve_of_disaster
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eveys suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Eveys suggestions

Post  Ulrek Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 am

The reason you have too many soul runes is due to the fact that ODA thinks its needed so that you won't perma-die before you can test out a character idea fully. and checking balancing at higher levels now..

As he's said before he plans to remove the "auto spawn soul runes" script so you have to work for them later on.

Thats all i've got... And unless he's changed his mind than the extra soul runes are a gift.... and a handy one as long as you keep a few unpacked...

-Ulrek-
Ulrek
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Cord Vinsack
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  eve_of_disaster Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:57 am

An immersive world is one where you are encouraged to roleplay. Having no penalty for death does not encourage good RP but actually makes you do things your character wouldn't, which lowers the level of roleplay and immersiveness in the gameworld. While a perma-death system does the complete opposite and makes players hesitate to act out their characters personality - fighting the demi-lich as a level 10 paladin could be considered suicide but may still be the the correct way to act IC'ly, for example. Thus a penalty is a good thing for immersiveness while not having a penalty is bad for it. Currently there is no penalty but the plan seems to be to have a very harsh penalty.

Saying that I admit I am biased in my oppinion because I personally hate perma-death systems for various reasons. Lag can cause deaths and so can random crashes, pvp and griefing. The current perma-death system isn't even in effect, so why not remove it as is for now and replace it with something that both allows testing and ontop of that actually makes players think twice about doing insane OOC things. Most of us probably play on the server primarily for fun and secondarily to test things, right?
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm here for the spectacular RP, open world development, and the rest of you cretins
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Eveys suggestions - Page 2 Empty i agree with eve on the soul stone issue

Post  N8 Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 am

the perma death is a highly fearful problem.... yes, the soulstone do take up useable space and can easily add up over time, but on the other end, i ran out of soulstones and when i metioned it to a DM he ran me through the quest, but when i finished RPing the quest, he forgot to give me more soul stones before he left... i went for 3 days not beings able to quest for fear of losing the charactor.... i hate to say it but yes when you spend a lot of time on one charactor and they were to die i could easily see many players giving up and not coming back...

N8
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:45 pm

N8 wrote: the perma death is a highly fearful problem.... yes, the soulstone do take up useable space and can easily add up over time, but on the other end, i ran out of soulstones and when i metioned it to a DM he ran me through the quest, but when i finished RPing the quest, he forgot to give me more soul stones before he left... i went for 3 days not beings able to quest for fear of losing the charactor.... i hate to say it but yes when you spend a lot of time on one charactor and they were to die i could easily see many players giving up and not coming back...

I apologise for that, totally slipped my mind. Remind me and I'll make sure you get them. I assume you play Kent, yes?
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 am

Note, during BETA test, subsequent to each reset all PCs logging in get a whole set of SOULRUNES to accumulate or use.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/