Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a suggestion for the tutorial section

2 posters

Go down

I have a suggestion for the tutorial section Empty I have a suggestion for the tutorial section

Post  Silver Oak Fri May 31, 2013 4:32 am

We all know that one of the biggest barriors to new players is the huge amount of info they have to learn to enjoy the server at its best.
I suggest that we have a new player package that gets sent to the new players. In the tutorial can we have a message board that asks for their email? Then we can send them the new player package?
I see many folks who log on then leave..........this will allow us another oppertunity to immerse them in the server a chance to review offline all the features.

Silver

Silver Oak
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-04-13

Character sheet
Character Name: Silver Oak
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 14

Back to top Go down

I have a suggestion for the tutorial section Empty Re: I have a suggestion for the tutorial section

Post  GM_ODA Fri May 31, 2013 7:18 am

Friend S.Oak,
I like the idea of the email package for players, tho we will have to consult Erin on this (I am not certain we are setup to handle that directly from the server). We will look into it.

Presently the entry is setup as it is to :

1st Area:
A) to get CLERIC PC (and any one else interested) to pick a god pre-entry (this does preliminary work to adjust DOMAINS if needed),
B) to get all other PCs a safe entry Area and place to read the essential signs (2 only, one more for first time PLAYERS).

2nd Area:
A) to allow all fast entry into the gameworld either to the DRAMATIC entrance, the Tutorial or back to the last logged location for the PC (post reset),
B) to allow adjustments to the PC as needed,
C) to allow PCs to gear up as desired pre-game, and
D) to allow a meeting place for PLAYERS & DM involved in a scheduled event.

I am thinking that the request for email/offer of player package by email would be a good thing in the FIRST AREA though. What do you think?

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

I have a suggestion for the tutorial section Empty Absol13 and I thought about it this morning

Post  Silver Oak Fri May 31, 2013 11:22 am

The flow is very good as it is, we both agreed there is soooooo much info we needed some kind of way to get it in their hands with out them just sitting there and reading.

Either an auto respond thing or a place where they may leave the email for us to send them something.
Perhaps even CC one of us to follow up.

Silver

Silver Oak
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-04-13

Character sheet
Character Name: Silver Oak
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 14

Back to top Go down

I have a suggestion for the tutorial section Empty Re: I have a suggestion for the tutorial section

Post  GM_ODA Fri May 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Silver Oak wrote:...In the tutorial can we have a message board that asks for their email? Then we can send them the new player package?
I see many folks who log on then leave....

I like the idea of getting the email addy to send a new player package on a voluntary basis, but I suggest it be earlier, to catch those that log in and out (hence never make it to the tutorial). Still, it all hinges on if it is possible with NWN and the server, so I default to Erin's judgement. Be aware, for security reasons, we disable/remove all non-essential parts of the operating systems - and that _may_ include in/out-bound email handling on the nwn server.

I'll run the matter by Erin to see what her take on the matter might be.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down