Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace?

+7
GunpowderHater
Elgate
BobbyBrown15
Absol 13
Animayhem
Shar
GM_ODA
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What limit should be applied to the number of PCs in a PLAYER\'s VAULT?

Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace?

Post  Bumlader Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:17 am

Silver Pyro wrote:my grammar may be bad but at least people like and respect me I can't say the same about you
Incorrect, me and my friends have high respect for Gun. Now before you try and attack my friends again, you might as well come up with a better insult Pyro. Also on the contrary me and my friends didn't respect you, problem? Just so you know

Anyways, the poll speaks for itself, it's obviously clear that the majority does not want this 'suggestion' to take place. While I do like to read all of these posts, these silly & immature replies should really be taken to PM's where you can further the argument there.

Last edited by Bumlader on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level: 60

Back to top Go down

Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace?

Post  GunpowderHater Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:20 am

Bumlader wrote:
Silver Pyro wrote:my grammar may be bad but at least people like and respect me I can't say the same about you
Incorrect, me and my friends have high respect for Gun. Now before you try and attack my friends again, you might as well come up with a better insult Pyro. Also on the contrary me and my friends didn't respect you, problem? Just so you know

Anyways it's obviously clear that the majority does not want this 'suggestion' to take place. While I do like to read all of these posts, these silly & immature replies should really be taken to PM's where you can further the argument there.
Thank you.

I quite agree. The crushing majority doesn't want any changes to take place, and ODA himself just wanted to see the opinions. They've already been posted. Best to just lock this down before more people's opinions are selectively "weeded" out.

Gun\Ymim

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyro Fang Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:25 am

Bumlader wrote:

Anyways it's obviously clear that the majority does not want this 'suggestion' to take place. While I do like to read all of these posts, these silly & immature replies should really be taken to PM's where you can further the argument there.
well I may be wrong there then and I am sorry if my arguement is immature I'm still learning how to be an adult being 17 but gun as far as I can remember only has insulted oda the server and other players so sorry if I get a little frustrated but honestly this is a game it's spos to be fun this topic is not fun unless you like trolling and insults
Pyro Fang
Pyro Fang
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Nailo
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 am

I concur and I would say Ether everyone -try- to get along say -something- nice end the stupid bitch arguments and shut the hell up "if you can say something nice dont say it" And now I am sorry but i'f i'm being- immature but guy's I who was once on the brink of suicide Can say that games and RP like this really helps'd me. An I now say. watch what you say. you cannot tell if your comments are just comments or if they Really get to someone. And finally as my school is going on about it. i'm going to end with this.
Cyerbullying
And go on go ahead tell me how wrong I and how my argument is invalid~ I dont care.
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GunpowderHater Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:38 am

Absol 13 wrote:I concur and I would say Ether everyone -try- to get along say -something- nice end the stupid bitch arguments and shut the hell up "if you can say something nice dont say it" And now I am sorry but i'f i'm being- immature but guy's I who was once on the brink of suicide Can say that games and RP like this really helps'd me. An I now say. watch what you say. you cannot tell if your comments are just comments or if they Really get to someone. And finally as my school is going on about it. i'm going to end with this.
Cyerbullying
And go on go ahead tell me how wrong I and how my argument is invalid~ I dont care.
It's the internet. Every odd person vents their rage into their typed words, as we clearly saw above. This said, since this is the internet, it's normal to not take anyone as seriously as can be. People are cruel and don't contain themselves, plus, the recieving end sometimes tends to add values to what was said that weren't there to begin with.

Concerning your suicide attempt, Absol.. Online gaming might not be the best option to overcome that, just saying. Specially NWN, not with how cruel the community's become.

Gun\Ymim

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:40 am

Absol 13 wrote:I concur and I would say Ether everyone -try- to get along say -something- nice end the stupid bitch arguments and shut the hell up "if you can say something nice dont say it" And now I am sorry but i'f i'm being- immature but guy's I who was once on the brink of suicide Can say that games and RP like this really helps'd me. An I now say. watch what you say. you cannot tell if your comments are just comments or if they Really get to someone. And finally as my school is going on about it. i'm going to end with this.
Cyerbullying
You see it as cyber bullying, I see it as constructive criticism. Now quit rubbing salt on the wounds, we already tried to quell the bickering, we don't need to bring this back into play
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyro Fang Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:46 am

Concerning your suicide attempt, Absol.. Online gaming might not be the best option to overcome that, just saying. Specially NWN, not with how cruel the community's become.

I haven't come across any of this on rp servers or most of them I have yet to try a few and to explain why I'm terrible with grammar right now is cause I'm using my phone which I am much more prone to mistakes in writing

Oh I messed that qoute up >.<
Pyro Fang
Pyro Fang
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Nailo
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 27

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:55 am

God dammit people, i said to prevent it from turning into this, enough dammit, now its not even about the topic anymore, i don;t wish to see another slapfight post in here, otherwise i will ask ODA to lock the thread, yes people vent once in a while, but this thread isn;t where it should be done. I tried to prevent exactly this, instead you ALL got on the bandwagon, I will ask that some of you remove the posts and return it to the original argument, if the argument is lost then this thread no longer serves a point as a suggestion.

Last edited by BobbyBrown15 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:56 am

Silver Pyro wrote:I haven't come across any of this on rp servers or most of them I have yet to try a few and to explain why I'm terrible with grammar right now is cause I'm using my phone which I am much more prone to mistakes in writing
If you think Gunpowder is bad then you haven't met the dark side of the community. Thankfully none of them are on here; the people I am talking about did stupid things for stupid reason. Gunpowder here is TRYING to help as a player by giving his two cents in a topic, which I shall remind you, is already in warm water due to the PREVIOUS post. So tensions will be high even if it's a suggestion. As for those bad players, they have done much worse than Gunpowder; Gun's only stating their opinion. IF you don't like it you don't have to read it m'yes?

The ideas Gunpowder has given to you folks are great ideas, stated bluntly. Although they may come off as an asshole in doing so, these suggestions would improve the server without a doubt in my mind. In a DM team if there is no tough treatment, then how will they learn? None the less, as I sated two times, I beseech you folks to take this argument to private messages.
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 am

Why do you think i asked them to take the anger tone out of their posts, if your going ot argue, do it through PMs, not this thread, so all please fix your posts.
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:00 am

BobbyBrown15 wrote:Why do you think i asked them to take the anger tone out of their posts, if your going ot argue, do it through PMs, not this thread, so all please fix your posts.
Arrow 
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 am

I can see where ODA and the others are coming from about max amount of players per account, but I'm not sure it'll do much besides give certain people a negative experience about the server if the cap is set too low. Something around 10 I'd say is a good round number if you planned on doing this, however imo I'm not sure we should really bother with this at the moment... I, for one, have never seen any servers with a character cap before.
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Haven Arnimane
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Friends,
This thread was and continues to be for the discussion of the poll question and reasons/experiences surrounding these related posts.

DEBATE we enjoy. The sharing, comparing and contrasting the various perceptions on a particular point or points. This is good, constructive, informative.

Arguing not so much. Disparagement not so much as that.

While the language can be fancier, in essence try to keep your expressions to the point; on topic, from your perspective. Do not disparage others for their opinions, tell us why your experience differs. Help us understand your point of view. Not looking like a total jerk while doing so is to the benefit of the points you make.

Remember too, that your experience is unique. Both here and on other servers. Our server is on 24x7, are you? I thought not. There will be some amount of events and experiences formed in your absence. This will become increasingly true as our new European time-zone DMs come into active status (soon). cheers 

Rather than derail the commentary here which should remain ON TOPIC I will carry a separate conversation in another thread for unrelated matters that may have been touched upon in this thread's hotter moments. We shall call it "SCRATCHIN AND FUSSIN" in the general board.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Should we limit the number of PCs in the PLAYER's VAULTspace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Limit on number of active pc's

Post  Aurora Silverwolf Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Alright I think all will agree that the poll for ODA shows the majoritys opinion on the matter .. I would very much appreciate it if the name calling and fighting back and forth would cease. We all know that ODA has been under alot of stress and such lately and I do NOT think this exhibition of name calling and finger pointing will help that . Many valid points have been made yes. However ultimately it IS ODA's decision and the poll he put in place clearly shows most players do not wish to have the amount of their PCs allowed to be limited.

That being said can we please stop this bickering ?

Thank you

Aurora Silverwolf
Aurora Silverwolf
Posting Knave

Female Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Additional link ... to help turn it around somewhat in a positive direction:

https://aldohral.forumotion.com/t1772-how-to-reward-role-play#8357

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2